Chapter 7

TWO MONTHS LATER

Selena was standing on the red carpet as she had just arrived to the American Music Awards. She was wearing a beautiful black long dress. John came running to her. ''Finally your here, your late. We've been waiting for you!'' he had to yell since a lot of people were screaming.

''I was looking for Joe. Where is he?'' she asked.

John smiled. ''When you can't find Joe anywhere ... you must always check the bar.'' He laughed.

''But it's such a big day for me. He should be here with me. I've been nominated.''

''I understand. Your parents are here, so is your best friend Elena. I'll just ...'' he stepped away and went to her parents and Elena. ''Come here please..'' he said and they followed him.  As he passed Selena he said ''Come on, he'll show up. Come,'' he said and walked away with her parents and Elena. Selena remained on the red carpet, fans were shouting her name asking for a autograph and pictures. She was about to walk to the fans when she was pulled away.

''Come here!''  It was Joe and he pulled her with him to a corner where they were alone. ''Looking for me?'' he asked smirking.

''You scared me,'' answered Selena. ''Where were you?''

''Forget that.''

''I wonder where you keep disappearing off to?''

Joe laughed. ''I was at the bar.''

''If you drink so much, how are you ever going to recognize me in this crowd?''

Joe looked into her eyes. ''Don't worry, I will. Amongst hundreds, thousands, millions and billions of people. I might forget myself, but I will never forget you.'' Selena stared into his eyes, stunned. He was standing so close to her face.

''When did you fall so deeply in love with me?'' she asked.

When he was about to answer, a woman with a microphone and a man with a camera came up to them. The woman said ''Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. I'm from E news, can I please get a small interview. Just for five minutes?''

''I'm sorry,'' Selena said. ''This is not a good time ...''

''No,'' interrupted Joe. ''Go get them. You look really beautiful by the way,'' he said and as he had been holding her hand the whole time, he let go, his fingers sliding away from hers, and she didn't want them too. She watched him walk away, wishing they could be alone together the whole night.

Joe went to the bar, he ordered scotch. From the tv screen he saw the man on stage announcing the nominees, Selena was one of them and soon he would announce who would win the award. Other nominees were Katy Perry, Rihanna, Kesha, Ariana Grande and more. She had some rough competition.

''The American Music Award for best female artist goes to ...'' Joe's heart was beating faster then ever. ''SELENA GOMEZ!'' Joe clapped and watched Selena through the tv screen as she was hugging her parents and Elena. She went to the stage and accepted the award. 

Some two  guys came to the bar and they were talking.  He didn't pay much attention to them, just to the tv screen and Selena who was doing a speech. ''She won,'' one man said. ''She's a great singer, she deserved it. She has been offered to sing in films too but she refused. She will accept later, she wants to be a star.''

The other man laughed. ''Of course she will be. But not a star, a maid.'' Joe started to listen to them. ''What's that singer's name? Joe Jonas. She'll be his maid and later his nurse.''

''Come on,'' the other one replied. ''He loves her. He's made her a star, she got the award because of him.'' Joe's face had gotten cold as ice. He watched Selena on the tv screen, though still listening to the men's conversation.

''She doesn't come from a wealthy family. That's why Joe took her in, so later on she can serve him. And as time goes by, he'll hit her and soon every day. Later on he'll humiliate her.'' Joe looked down and took the last sip of his scotch. He turned around and soon as the man saw him he seemed scared and shocked. Joe stared at him for a moment but turned on his heel and walked out.

He walked by as reporters and paparazzis were asking Selena questions and taking photos. Selena who was holding the award in her hands then noticed him. ''JOE!'' she shouted his name, smiling. He didn't respond. ''JOE,'' she shouted again. ''Excuse me,'' she said to the reporters and walked away from them, chasing after Joe. He climbed into the backseat of a car and man was sitting in front of the steering wheel, possibly a security guard. ''Joe!'' she shouted, seeing him in the window of the car. He didn't even look at her but he could hear her. The car drove off. Selena stood alone, with the award in her hand and she watched the car drive off up until it disappeared from her sight.