Chapter 9

One week later

Elena was working late, she yawned while cleaning tables that people had left. She found it to be very funny but awesome that the bar was playing Selena's song - Slow Down which she had won an award for as the best female artist. She turned around then stopped and stared at the man that was standing right in front of her. He looked familiar and she suddenly realized it was who was always with Joe Jonas. Selena had told her what he did to her. ''Can I help you?'' she asked coldly.

''I was hoping to see Selena.'' He was wearing his suit, hair combed perfectly. He dressed competely differently then Joe did.

Elena folded her arms. ''She's not here, she's a star now if you hadn't noticed.'' 

Damon frowned. ''I know, and I came to apologize to her. I remembered you were her best friend so I figured she came to hang out with you.''

''She does but not tonight, plus it's late. Why don't you just talk to Joe?''

''I don't think he wants to see me,'' he said awkwardly as his hands were buried in his pockets.

''People can surprise you,'' Elena replied. Damon smiled and nodded. ''Thanks anyway. It's Elena right?'' he asked and she nodded. ''I'm Damon,'' he told her.

''I know,'' she said smiling.

''Well, goodbye.'' Damon turned on his heel and Elena watched him leave.

Selena and Joe had moved in together. Selena was more happy then she had ever been and so was Joe. They bought the house together and they had almost settled in perfectly. Everything was perfect, except for one thing. Joe was still drinking. One time she was recording a song at the studio, when she came out she caught him drinking. He expected her to get mad but instead she wrapped her arms around him.

Selena was a star now, he would come with her to premieres, award ceremonies, shows but he would leave her alone to talk to the press. He smiled proudly looking at her by the press and paparazzis. She was a beautiful superstar.

Joe was sitting in bedroom when a man came in. ''Excuse me, sir. Damon is here to see you.'' Joe looked at him strangely. It had been a while since he talked to Damon. Joe walked into the living room where Damon stood. Joe walked closer to him, Damon turned around and stared at Joe. ''Hi,'' said Damon, barely looking at Joe as he felt embarassed about what he did.

''Hey,'' replied Joe.

Damon sighed. ''I came here to apologize. What I did ...'' 

Joe suddenly wrapped his arms around him. ''It's fine, don't worry about it.''

''I'm really sorry, I wish I could...''

''It's fine, really. Everybody deserves a second chance. I missed you,'' he said and pulled away from the hug. He poured Damon and himself a drink. ''You know, seeing Selena sing has really made me think. I want work. I want to sing again, I miss it.''

Damon seemed surprised but happy about it. ''Really?'' he asked hopeful.

''Yes, I mean it.''

''Then we will get you work. Your back!'' He gave Joe a high five. ''Joe Jonas is officially back.''