Chapter 26

10,000 READS?!?!?! THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went out to his Jeep and he insisted on opening my door for me. He said he was being a gentleman.

Sure he had opened my door before but that was because he needed to help me get in since I was injured. Now it was special because he had different motives.

“So the place we are going is around here but I’m almost positive that no one we know will be there.” He said as we drove.

“How do you know?” I asked him, curious.

“You need to have a special license and be over 18 to get the license.” he said. He seemed to be enjoying watching me try to figure it out.

“That sounds really shifty.” I told him. It made me a bit nervous though as to where we were going. The first ideas that came to mind were clubs or some abandoned building with gangs and drugs or something along those lines. I highly doubted I would like anything like that but I tried to keep my mind open.

He took my hand, hearing the nervousness in my voice. “Trust me a bit.”

“I do.” I replied instantly, he had saved me.

He smiled at that and we lapsed into a comfortable silence.

I saw a man sitting in a toll booth and we stopped in front of a gate.

Will handed the older looking man a card, which I assumed was his license. The man only looked at it for a second before giving it back and opening the huge gate for us.

There was a dirt path Will drove down surrounded by forests with really tall trees.

We went down the dirt path for a while before Will turned into a small opening for cars that went through the forests. Now there was no dirt path, just grass and huge roots that we had to go over.

My hand tightened in Will’s and he squeezed mine.

“We’re almost there, I promise.” He told me and sure enough I saw an opening with light coming though it. “Does this scare you?”

“Just a little bit.” I admitted. I didn’t mind it, I was more concerned that we hit something and he gets hurt.

“Sorry, should’ve thought about that.” He grinned sheepishly as we went closer to the opening.

“No, its fine.” I reassured him.

We entered the clearing and I gasped.

In front of us was a lot of grass and flowers everywhere but past that was a beautiful lake that reflected the sun. next to the lake were a few boulders.

The lake was beautiful. The water rippled from the slight breeze. The light sparkled in the water.

“The sunsets are incredible down here, I figured you’d appreciate it.” Will told me as he parked in the grass near the lake.

“Thank you, its really amazing.” I looked at him. Just picturing the sunset reflecting sounded amazing.

He kissed me softly before he got out and came to my side. When I was out of the car, Will opened the trunk and grabbed out a blanket. I went to help him but he shook his head.

“I’m doing it, you go look around.” He told me, he knew I wanted to.

“Thank you.” I grinned.

I walked over to the lake but I saw flowers as I went.

There were yellow, blue, purple and white flowers scattered in the grass. They were all weeds but still beautiful. I liked that weeds are disliked but sometimes really pretty looking.