Chapter 9

sorry for the wait, computer is being dumb. i kno this is short, so again, sorry!

There was a knock on the door, Will slowly let go of me to get it. I followed behind him. It was Sky. Our neighbors were driving her and Lily here without any questions. They knew all about our dad, but they didn’t know he killed Ash. They often heard him screaming.

“Hey, Rain. Hi, Will.” She greeted us as Will let her in.

“Hey, how was school?” I asked as she dropped her bag.

“Boring.” She replied, grabbing a book from her bag.

“Could I have a minute with Sky?” I asked Will.

He nodded. “Yeah, I’m going to see if Zoey still intends on coming over.” He walked into his bedroom.

Sky looked at me, momentarily forgetting her book. “What’s up?”

I had decided now would be a good time to tell her that we are staying here and mom won’t be coming back any time soon. I was a bit nervous that she would hate me for trusting a random man she hardly knows. But then again, Sky had never been an angry kid, none of us were.

“I talked to mom today. She’s not coming home.” I started, taking her hand and watching her expressions. “Will doesn’t want us going back home alone because of last night.”

“We have nowhere to go then?” she asked, absorbing everything I had just told her. She didn’t show too much emotions, a bit of worry but that was understandable.

“Actually, we do. Will wants us to stay here with him.” I replied.

“What did you say?” she met my eyes and I just saw curiousity.

“I agreed.” I said. Might as well just spit it out.

“Good.” She said, surprising me.

“Good?” I asked, stunned. I had expected something a bit more negative or even her asking why I would ever think of agreeing.

“You’re happier when he’s around.” She smiled at me “I haven’t seen you really smile as much as you have been lately since Ash died. You deserve to be happy.”

“Thank you.” I said, hugging her. I’m proud of Sky, she’s had to grow up faster then I would have liked but she is mature and always thinks things through.

When Will came back out, we let go of each other.

“Zoey said she’d be coming for dinner but my brother, Xavier, is tagging along.”

“Who’s Zoey?” Sky asked him, narrowing her eyes.

“My sister.” He smirked slightly.

“You never told me about your brother.” I said, watching him. I didn’t know how I would act around another guy.

He came and sat on my other side. “I have two siblings, Zoey and Xavier. Xavier is your age, Rainah. He’s been really depressed lately but he won’t tell anyone why.” He explained, he looked frustrated and worried. My guess is because he can’t help his brother. I wanted to comfort him like he had done for me so many times.

I took Will’s hand without thinking, he looked at me, surprised, but he smiled.

There was a light knock on the door. I dropped his hand and went to open it. Lily came in, she looked happy.

“Hi, Rain! Hi, Will! Hi, Sky!” she grinned, practically glowing.

“What’s got you in such a good mood?” Sky asked.