CHAPTER 1: new girl

╲╳╳╳╱

╲╳╳╳╱

            Here I was in the car headed to a new town. I'm leaving my old friends behind, my old life. I didn't know where we were headed but I knew it was a long drive. My Dad's job is the reason that caused us to move and I wasn't too happy about it when I found out. I laid my head on the window while I had headphones in my ears to block out any noise. I closed my eyes and then dozed off to sleep.

            My eyes fluttered opened and I was still in the same position as I was in before. I noticed the car had stopped moving and my Mother and Father were no longer in the car. I opened the car door and took my suitcase with me. I glanced at the house in front of me. It wasn't too small and it wasn't too big either, just like how I like it. I made my way to the opened front door as I pulled my suitcase behind me. My Dad then came out and gave me a small smile and proceeded to take out boxes from the trunk of the car.

            When I was inside the house, I glanced around. It was already fully furnished. I went up the stairs, having a little difficultly with pulling up my suitcase. There were two bedrooms and they were both fairly large. I went into the room on the right and knew it was my room, considering all my boxes and stuff were already in there.

            I stopped and looked around. The walls were painted white and the bedroom consisted of a bed, a wardrobe and a white wooden desk. There was also a balcony which I really liked. I walked over to the balcony and moved the sliding doors. The wind felt nice against my skin and I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air. I may just like it here.

            I was unpacking my clothes and organizing them in my wardrobe. I had my earbuds on, blasting my favorite music. I heard a faint knock on the door and I turned around to see my Mom, leaning against the door frame. I take out my headphones and put that, along with my phone, on my bed.

            "I know you didn't like moving out here, but we had to for your Dad's job. I promise you'll like it here and you will make new friends, Davina." My mom says.

            I give her a small smile and nod, "I know Mom." I say to her, "But I'm not the best at making friends. You know I get really quiet and shy."

            "Come here." She walks towards me and pulls me into a hug which I accept, "I know you'll be fine, Davina. If anyone tries to hurt you, you come to me and we'll figure it out together." She says which makes made me laugh slightly. She kisses me forehead and we pull apart.

            "I love you Mom."

            "I love you too. We're going to have dinner and then you can sleep. You have school tomorrow, don't forget." She responds and walk out of my room.