CHAPTER 21: she deserved it

Zach sneaked inside the Stanford's house early the next morning, not wanting to wake any of the boys and especially Jack's family who provided them with accomodation during their stay. The small tasks he did were done out of great effort to do quietly and as he tiptoed towards the stairs, he saw something in the corner of his eye, startling him as he stubs his toe on corner of a display cabinet.

            He falls with a thump, his face in agony as he muffles his potentially loud and dramatic screams. Zach closes his eyes, feeling his whole foot throb.

            "What the fuck are you doing?" A voice could be heard above him and as he opens his eyes, he was met with Jack, a drained look on his face.

            As Zach struggled standing up on his feet, he analysed his bandmate in front of him, noticing the cup he was drinking from filled with an aromatic liquid. Once he was stood directly parallel from Jack's face, he could smell the foul scent of alcohol.

            Making a disgusted face, Zach took the cup from his hand, "Why are you drinking alcohol this early."

            "It's none of your business." Jack said with a blunt tone and stealing back the cup from Zach's hand. It was clear Jack was intoxicated, seeing him stumble as he walked over to the couch and his body heavily fell on the soft cushions.

            Remembering the events that had occurred the day before, Zach went over to Jack and stood in front of him. He watched as he continuously sipped on the foul liquid in the cup. "Why the fuck were you talking shit about Davina in the cafeteria yesterday."

            Jack stared into Zach's angry eyes, his furrowed eyebrows and his deep breaths. He took another sip of his drink, not muttering a single word. Zach shook his head, not pleased with the actions of his bandmate, his friend. "You had no right saying all that about her."

            He did not break eye contact and Zach continued, "You don't know her." With that statement, Jack's jaw clenched and his eyes fired up.

            "I do know her." Jack looked emotionless, "More than you know."

            "Clearly not from what you described her." Zach snapped. Jack took another sip of alcohol and his ignorant to Zach's questions made Zach even more frustrated than his stupidity to continually destroying his body from his alcohol intake. Zach had enough and he took the cup from his hand and was about to empty its contents on the floor, however, he did not want to upset the Stanford family, resorting to drinking the remains of the drink.

            Jack scoffed and a smirk appeared on his face, clapping as Zach choked on the strong taste of alcohol. But the burn in his throat and the alcohol only exacerbated his furious emotions.

            "I have dealt with your attitude over the years, but I won't let you treat Davina like you did yesterday."

            Jack looked at him dead in the eye, "She deserved it." A statement he had kept on repeating to himself over and over again, hoping for his inner conscience to believe it.