CHAPTER 13: the fulfilled promise

❧

             Alice Keaton and Diana Coleman were a bubbly pair, always stuck at each other's side and always backed each other up when one was troubled. They were very close friends, but when Davina came to the new school, they welcomed her with open arms and the pair became a trio.

             Alice and Diana were great friends to Davina, always brighting up her day with every silly joke and actions they would do, they were just like that. However, in certain situations, they were serious and supported each other, engulfing each other in hugs until they felt better. And that's what they Alice and Diana did, supported and comforted Davina when she told them about what had happened at her previous school.

             They were friends that Davina wished was with her during her previous high school experience, she wished that they were there to stand with her and maybe, things didn't have to go down the way they did. Things may have been different.

             The trio had become so close in the past 2 years and shared many memorable memories. They're bond was unbreakable and she loved them dearly, which is why she didn't want to tell them about her sudden news.

             In every choice you make, there will always be something that will make you think, should I really be doing this? The uncertainty sometimes takes over your mind and you persuade yourself that the decision is a bad idea, just because it's too hard, even though it may be the right choice.

             The downside with Davina's decision to moving back to Richmond High was that she had to leave her two best friends and tell them of the actual news. She knew they would support her decision, but what if they felt that her choice wasn't the right one? She always took her best friend's opinions into consideration because she knew that they were honest with her, telling their thoughts in black and white, no sugar coating.

             The more Davina thought about, the more doubt she felt in her chest. She didn't want to go through telling the hard news and seeing the expression on their faces. But, she didn't want to leave all of sudden, with no real goodbye. She couldn't do it a second time to people she truly cared about, she couldn't do what she did to him.

             Davina hold off on telling her friends, the latest as she could. She only had two weeks left in Dallas and two weeks until the start of the school year.

             The three were at the playground, accompanying Davina with Reese and Alice's little brother wanted to tag along as well. Reese and Jacob were quite the pair, always hanging out with each other and begs Davina to take her to Alice's house to play with Jacob. It reminded Davina of Alice, Diana and her, never wanting to leave each other's side.

             Davina sat on the park table, watching Jacob and Reese go down the slide, wide smiles on their faces and non stop laughter. Diana and Alice chatted as usual, but Davina was quieter. She wasn't the overly loud type of person, but she wasn't the overly quiet like how she was at Richmond High. Her two best friends knew when something was wrong when she was as quiet as a mouse. They knew her too well.