CHAPTER 10: crash and burn into ruins

╲╳╳╳╱

╳╳╳

             As a child, you don't worry about anything. You don't really care about what people think of you and how people view you as a person. You're a child and you're growing, learning new things as you blossom into a teenager and after that, an adult. Developing into your teenage years are the hardest. You start to become insecure of certain things about yourselves and to some people, it doesn't bother them and they don't let it get the best of them. For others, it tears them to shreds and makes them do things that lead to horrible occurrences.

             One thing that Davina hated herself the most for was how she wasn't brave. Everyday she experienced the same inhumane treatment from Elliana, but she never ever stood up to her. Everyday she was treated like someone less superior and someone that didn't matter. She felt worthless and it didn't help with her low self-esteem and insecurities. The only person who knew her worth was Jack, but she soon came to realisation that Jack wasn't always going to be there to make her feel better about herself.

             When she found out she had to move to Pennsylvania and attend a brand new school, she was devastated. Davina had to leave all her friends behind and start a whole new life. Everything was fine before she moved. She was happy and was surrounded with people who loved her. Now, all she did was make mistakes that led to her losing the only two friends she made. She mixed in with the wrong people and now it was all her fault that this was happening.

             Maybe it was all her fault.

             Waking up the next day after the locker incident wasn't very hard on Davina. She woke up feeling, kind of happy. Maybe it was a rush of adrenaline that filled her in the morning, but she rarely every experienced it. The past weeks felt gloomy and a never ending weather of constant rain. But, she embraced it, because she knew that as soon as she stepped foot on school grounds, everything would be the same sad day it had been. Though, she didn't know it was about to be much, much worse.

             As Davina walked through the school gates, it was so quiet, too quiet. She walked through the school gates and saw cars parked in the parking lot, but no students were outside. It seemed like it was deserted. Did she forget that today was a public holiday?

             She played with her fingers as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Davina had no idea where everyone were. Just as she was about to go up the steps, Elliana came out of nowhere. Davina's breathe got caught in her throat and all she felt was nervousness all throughout her body. Her and Elliana alone was not a good mix, not at all.

             "Davina!" Elliana smiled, "I haven't seen you in like, forever."

             "Um, hi?" Davina spoke, her voice almost inaudible.