CHAPTER 11: a see you later

╲╳╳╳╱

╳╳╳

— 1 YEAR LATER....

             The two brunettes walked side by side, smiles on their faces as they walked to school. He was talking to her about the offer he had gotten and informing his best friend of the details. He was beyond excited and Davina could see it in his eyes.

             "This could be something amazing, you know?" Zach declared, "I'm gonna be doing what I love and I get to do it with my best friends."

             "I just can't believe that you get to go to LA and live there by yourself, while I'm stuck here." Davina complained, "You're literally an 11 year old. How did Myta approve of this?"

             "You're suppose to be happy for me." Zach pouted, sticking out his bottom lip, dramatically staring at Davina.

             Davina laughed and rolled her eyes. She swung her arm around the boy's shoulder, "You know I'm beyond proud of you, Zach. My little brother is going to do big and great things."

             "Thanks Davina, you know how much your support means to me." Zach smiled.

             As the two were about to the enter the gates of Lakewood High, two girls greeted him, which was unexpected. Davina watched intensely as the girls clearly flirted with Zach. She knew that the word about him moving to LA to join a band was out, news spread fast at the high school.

             Davina worried for him. Zach wasn't the most popular guy at school and boys from his grade, and in older years, made fun of him for being a singer. She was a sophomore and he was only a freshman, so she always made sure to look out for the little guy. She had a soft spot for Zach when they first met when she moved next to the Herron's house, he reminded her of him.

             The Herron family kindly invited the Stantons over for dinner, Mrs Herron and Mr Herron wanting to make them feel welcome. Davina was shy at first, still fragile from what had happened in Pennsylvania, but as Zach revealed his bubbly and goofy side to her, they instantly clicked. He made her laugh and she loved the feeling of finally have a smile on her face. Ever since that day, they became close friends and Davina became a protective older sister to Zach and him as a little brother.

             Zach always came to Davina for advice and looked up to her. He would always come to Davina if a problem arose, when he wasn't comfortable telling his parents. He would come to her for advice when boys would tease him about liking singing. Davina constantly reminded him to chase his dreams and do what he loved, no matter what anyone said. She told him to ignore what they would tell him and show them that he wasn't affected, because she didn't want things to end how it ended with her. She didn't want Zach to end up broken, he was to precious for the world.

             "I heard you're going to move to LA?" The girl pursed her lips. The girl next to her smiled innocently, looking over to her friend who spoke and then to Zach.

             "Uh, yeah. I am." Zach replied, nodding.

             "You're going to join a band as well?" The girl questioned again.

             "Yeah..." He trailed off.

             "That's so hot." The girl blurted out and Davina went wide eyed at the girl's comment. Her comment made Zach speechless, not knowing what to respond.

             As always, Davina jumped in and excused Zach from the conversation. She clearly knew that the two girls were only interested in talking to Zach because he was joining a band and had a chance to become big. Davina could spot a gold digger from a mile away.

             "Wow, some people really have the guts to talk to you just because your doing better things in your life compared to them." Davina gritted, shaking her head.

             "Thanks for that." Zach thanked her and Davina gave him a soft smile.

             The Herron family, walked behind Zach and Davina as they walked over to the boarding gate. Davina was lecturing Zach about what to be careful about, now that he was going to be living by himself with 4 other guys. Zach listened with a grin on his face. He loved when Davina would go all 'mom mode' on him.

             "And please be careful, you're only 15, you're just a kid living in the big city. I don't want you to get into any kinds of trouble." Davina finished her lecture and looked at Zach for a moment, then engulfed him into a hug. Once they pulled apart she looked straight in his eyes with a warm smile, "Call me if you ever are in trouble."

             "You know I will." Zach smiled and he turned to his family. They all gave him a proud smile in return and pulled him into a big hug.

             Myta teared up, she was so proud that her son was going to follow his dreams, but she was going to miss him terribly. Not having one of her sons in the house would definitely make it more quieter.

             After they all said their goodbyes, Zach walked off to his boarding gate, a bright future set ahead for him.