Please, Wake Me Up From This Nightmare

We reached the parking lot, for the second time in less than twenty four hours, and I called Ann

“Hello?” She asked, sounding annoyed.

“It’s Cam.  Where are you guys? I have some people who want to meet you, and Ian.” I asked, as we walked to the monorail station.  I handed my wallet to Dan, and told him to get out my ticket, that looked like a credit card with Mickey on it.

I heard Ann excuse herself from Ian and Reily, “We’re next to…” She hesitated, trying to figure out where they were.  “Next to ‘Cars Land’ I believe.  So in California Adventure,” She added.

“Okay, see you soon.  Keep me updated on where you guys are.  We’re getting on the monorail.” She said okay, and the line went dead.  We boarded the monorail, but I chose to sat with Will, instead of Dan.

“Daniel, it’s Mr. Steal Yo Girl, and it looks like I just stole your girl!” I playfully punched Will in the chest, then looked back at a blushing Dan.   Will and I discussed our tattoos, mine a skull and cross bones behind my left ear, and why I got it.

“My favorite person in the entire world has this tattoo, it’s the symbol of his band, and he means so much to me, that I got it as well.  It means a lot, like I don’t know where’d I be without that person, so…” My voice cracked, just talking about him made me want to cry.

Will looked at me, concerned.  “May I ask who this mystery man is?” I sighed, trying to get enough courage to say it.

“His name is Alex… Alex Gaskath, of the band ‘All Time Low’.  It sounds stupid but, they just mean a lot to me.  And I owe a lot to them…” I trailed off again, seeing Kyle’s eyes peek over the back of the seat.

“I see.”  

After that, Will and I barely talked for the rest of the ride to the park.  At the stop, We got off, and made our way to the gates of ‘Disney’s California Adventure’ theme park.  Dan and I walked side by side into the park, it was obvious that he was fighting the urge to hold my hand.  His arms kept fidgeting, until I took his hand.  He looked down at me and smiled.  He wasn’t that much taller than me, just by only a few inches.  I was looking more into detail of his features today.  Maybe because it was in the middle of the day, or something else.  I noticed his one tooth that wasn’t in line with the others, but made him look incredibly cute.  It just made him who he was.  After making our way towards ‘Cars Land,’ Ann called me.  “Hello?” I answered.

“We just got in line for the cars ride.  We’re near the back, so if you hurry your friends can squeeze in.” It wasn’t Ann, it was Ian.

“Hi Ian, okay, we’ll be there in less than five minutes.” I hung up, and told the guys that we needed to hurry.  We walked quickly, and tried to cute through big groups of tourists, even though we were tourists ourselves, but at least we had a clue.

We found Reily, Ann and Ian near the back of the line, about ten people in.  Even though I felt horrible, we still cut in line to be with them.

“Hey,” I hugged my aunt, and her boyfriend.  “Guys, I want you to meet, Dan, Will, Woody, and Kyle.  Guys, this is my aunt, Ann, and her boyfriend, Ian.” I introduced them, and they all hugged Ann, and shook Ian’s hand.  It wasn’t as awkward as I pictured it, bit it was till awkward.  When they finished greeting each other, Dan grabbed my hand again, intertwining our fingers together.  I knew my hands were probably really sweaty from the anxiety, but obviously he didn’t care.

Ann looked at our hands, then back up at me, “So Reily told me that you spent the night at their place last night?” I squeezed Dan’s hand, unintentionally, but he squeezed back.