Chapter Eight

[Chapter Eight]

[Chapter Eight]

While there wasn't much to be done while Milo remained unconscious, it was agreed that everyone else went about their business, but Cedric would remain by the boy's side. Not that he wasn't going to give anyone else an option, he told them that he wasn't going anywhere until Milo woke up and he was a hundred percent certain that he was fine. Milo was placed in one of the beds, resting on his side, just in case the Fates decided to make use of his body again. They didn't need him choking on any sort of water or spit that protruded from his mouth. Cedric removed the boy's glasses and set them aside, before pulling a blanket over Milo to keep him warm. Running his hands through his own hair, he didn't even realise that one person remained in the room with him after everyone else had ventured downstairs.

The key was not to raise suspicions about Milo's condition to anyone in the order that was not familiar with what was taking place in the inner circle. So they had to pass it off only as a medical scare to the others, even though they knew there was much more behind it. James was ghost white inside of Harry's body, looking dreadfully pale and nearly sick to his stomach. But Remus and Sirius were able to guide him downstairs while Willow promised him and Minerva a nice strong cup of tea. However, it was Elspeth who remained upstairs and behind in the room for a few extra minutes.

She had sent Silas downstairs with all the other children as they had to keep Hermione distracted from what was taking place. The girl was extremely sharp and aware of her surroundings, they had to be careful about what she heard and what she witnessed so that they didn't raise any sort of suspicion at the risk of exposure.

Cedric had been sitting at the side of the bed where Milo was facing outward, making sure to keep a close eye on him if there was any sort of movement, but as he turned his head to rub at his eyes, he caught sight of Elspeth still in the doorway. Of course, her eyes were focused on one of her godsons, her lips pressed together to form a thin line. She looked pained, she looked tired, she looked like she had been carrying things for far too long. 

"It's that stubborn nature that always gets the Potter boys in trouble, isn't it?" She said softly before her gaze trailed over to Cedric. "You tell them to do one thing and they do the complete opposite because they have it in their minds that they know better. Doesn't matter how old they get either, they don't really grow out of it. The several times that I met James' parents, I knew exactly where he got it from."

She walked over and pulled up a chair to sit at the bedside as well. "Euphemia was an absolute sweetheart, Molly reminds me of her a lot. And Fleamont well, it's almost as if the Potter men are destined to be just like him in many ways. That personality, that you just can't help want to be around even if they can be frustrating. But he was a sweetheart too, Fleamont wanted to make sure that everyone was well taken care of, would do anything for anyone by any means. I wasn't surprised when they took Sirius into their home after he ran away from here."