Chapter Nineteen

[Chapter Nineteen]

[Chapter Nineteen]

It was definitely a question that had crossed James' mind but trapped in Harry's body, he wasn't sure if the effects would be different and he would end up hurting some part of Harry's body. However, in those moments, he needed an outlet to relieve all of his frustrations that had been building up over the course of time. Milo had raised a very good question and James couldn't resist it any longer, he wanted to find out for himself. Following Milo outside of the castle, it brought back a sense of nostalgia for James as they hurried their way towards the Forbidden Forest to avoid getting caught.

With Milo in the lead, the father and son duo entered the Forest undetected before Milo turned to his father. " So, do you want to go first and try it out?" he asked. "See if it works?"

James suddenly felt nervous about the idea, feeling that he would be quite disappointed if it turned out that he couldn't transform. But he couldn't help but let that hold him back or he couldn't get anything done or even get his answer.

"Um, why don't you go first, Milo?  I haven't really gotten a good chance to see you in your form."

Milo grimaced, already preparing what was to come because it usually happened every time he transfigured into his form. Everyone loved picking him up, cooing at him, and playing with his tiny tail. Letting out a small sigh, the boy fell into his form, stretching out his feline body before peering up at his father. From the ground, even in Harry's body, James appeared to be quite tall, although it didn't last very long as Milo was suddenly scooped up.

"Oh my goodness!" James practically shrieked. "Oh, it's even cuter in person! Remus and Sirius weren't joking, look at you! You are adorable!"

Milo's ear flickered in annoyance before he reached out one of his paws and swatted the hand while Paden reached out and went to bite one of James's fingers. He started chirping violently in the other's direction to get him to put down his Milo. Meanwhile, Milo let out a low howling sound causing James to quickly place him down. "Right, sorry, couldn't resist. Alright, let's see how this goes, wish me luck."

Taking a step back, James took a deep breath, realising that it had been well over a decade since he had transfigured into his stag form outside of Artemis' protected realm where he had remained with Lily. He could remember the entire process that he, Sirius, and Peter had gone through in order to become animagi for Remus' sake. He could remember how long it took and all the struggles they had gone through, attempting to do it all on their own with little help with the exception of the occasional "hypothetical" question they would ask McGonagall. 

With that in mind, James prayed that it would work as he closed his eyes and hoped that his body would begin to shift.

Milo remained close, perched on a dead tree stump watch as James stood before him with his eyes closed and a concentrated look on his face. As seconds went by, he began to feel nervous for his father, truly believing that James was limited to Harry's body as a vessel. Yet, it seemed the two Potters were nervous for no reason as, within a second, James stood in his original stag form towering over his son once more.