Chapter Twenty-One

[Chapter Twenty-One]

Milo didn't know what to make of the situation once he realised that Cedric had not taken him out on a late night deep lake exploring adventure to witness the Giant Squid. He had no recollection of what had taken place since Regulus took over his body and there had been a force that had wanted to take back Regulus but ended up taking him, Milo, and Cedric along. Like the visions that Milo had witnessed before, the ones that felt so incredibly real, well he assumed they were real now. Cedric was there and his boyfriend looked absolutely mortified at the moment as he helped Milo swim along towards where Regulus was urging them to come over. The eerie gazes of the Inferi only watched them, their eyes floating above the surface and following them as they moved on.

They both seemed to be waiting for the moment where one of them would strike out and attempt to grab them, but none of them moved as they finally reached the rocky edge where Regulus was standing.

"Come on, come on!" he said holding out his arms and during the moment, Cedric pushed Milo out in front of him to be pulled out of the water first. Artemis' words to "take care of their leader" had stayed with him, not to mention, he didn't want anything to happen to Milo while they were out in unfamiliar territory. Regulus grabbed Milo by the sleeves of his shirt and yanked him up, practically throwing him to the ground before making his way to do the same for Cedric. Once both boys were out of the water and on land, no one moved or dared to say a word.

Regulus stared at the water for a bit before finally turning to face Cedric and Milo that were waiting for him to speak.

"Are you two alright?" he asked in a voice, laboured by the sound of his breaths.

"Fine," Cedric muttered, still not sure as to what the hell was going on or where they even were. The last thing he had witnessed was Milo being sucked down into a void underneath the bed and he had gone with him.

"I got a mean scrape on my hand," Milo actually went to complain, bringing Cedric and Regulus to peer over him, " stings a bit."

The looks on their faces could be described as nothing more than bewildered and that was putting it lightly. Milo didn't seem to understand that as long as they weren't dead, that was considered alright in Regulus' book.

"Well, a scrape is the least of your worries, the Inferi won't remain this calm forever," Regulus said as he backed away from the water. Milo and Cedric followed his lead and scooted back as far as they could.

Pushing himself up, Milo wiped the blood from his hand onto his trousers and approached the youngest Black brother, but at the same time, kept his distance. There seemed to be some conflicting sides when it came to the true story of who Regulus Black was and what side he had been on. According to Sirius and the others, Regulus had turned to the side of the Dark Arts, an avid follower of Lord Voldemort, and had ended up dying. Many believed that he had died at the hands of Lord Voldemort himself because Regulus had become fearful near the end and wanted to back out.