Chapter Twenty-Five

[Chapter Twenty-Five]

Milo stood in front of the Ceryneian Hind, knowing fully well that it was not the same one lost to the Inferi. He wasn't entirely sure if Artemis had more than one, but he doubted it, in a way, he believed that it was possible that perhaps it had been reincarnated after it had been killed. However, it was the eyes that were completely throwing him for a loop as he stood there before the Hind. She remained still allowing his gaze to scan over her quietly as Cedric and Regulus stood in the background. Cedric appeared confused, although, in the most recent of times, that was nothing new. But he was puzzled that Milo's moment of rejoicing had been so short-lived before he had fallen silent.

"Milo, what's wrong?" Cedric called out to him. "This is a good thing, right? The Ceryneian Hind is alright-"

"It's not her," Milo said, looking over his shoulder, " it's not the Hind that we lost in the caves."

Cedric knew at one point that Milo did lose his glasses but he didn't think Milo's eyesight had become that bad over the course of time and as close as he was standing to the Hind, could he not clearly see it before him? Perhaps he was feeling a bit disoriented from everything that had happened, maybe he was dizzy. Either way, Cedric didn't understand as he approached Milo again.

"Milo," he said softly, " this is her. Maybe you can't see it-"

"I can see just fine," Milo replied, "well, to the best of my abilities right now. But I can see what I need to and I can see her eyes."

He lifted his hand and pointed to the Hind's eyes. "They're different but I recognise them. This isn't the original Ceryneian Hind I met, this is my grandmother."

Well, if Cedric didn't believe that Milo was feeling a bit disoriented before, it was certainly confirmed at that moment. Even Regulus looked over with a bewildered look at Milo's claim.

"Perhaps he hit his head while he was underwater," Regulus whispered to him, " it might be best to have him sit down-"

"I know it sounds mad," Milo spoke over them as he turned to face them, " but I know that's her. I know those eyes, I've seen them in pictures, I've seen them in the woods that Artemis resides over. This is my grandmother, this is Euphemia Potter."

Turning back to face the Hind, Milo hoped he was correct with his assumption so he didn't come across as mental in front of them.

"Right?"

The Ceryneian Hind nudged him forward a bit, letting out a snorting noise that brought Milo to smile before turning back to Cedric and Regulus that stood there, completely stunned. Of course, it all sounded bizarre but at the same time, since being introduced to the Gods, Milo was beginning to learn that he had to be prepared for anything as it was all very much possible. The reunion between grandmother and grandson was something to be viewed as wonderful, but Milo's thoughts were currently clouded by everything that needed to take place.