"I'm here for you"

Both me and Evan took a leave today. We did make plans to meet at the park but he said that he couldn't come. We didn't talk the whole day. I messaged him but he didn't reply. I was worried the whole time because Evan always replied to my texts. I decided to go to his home, just to make sure if everything was alright. I felt as if something was wrong. I thought that maybe I should just go back but for some reason, I rang the doorbell. For some time, no one opened the door. I was about to ring the doorbell again when his mom opened the door.

"Oh hi there. I'm sorry but I think that Evan wouldn't like to talk to anyone right now."

I didn't care about that. I just wanted to see if he was doing alright.

"It's okay. Can I just see him?"

"Sure. He's in his room."

The door of his room was open and he was on the floor, crying. I stepped inside and closed the door. Although I knew that this wasn't the right time, I wanted to let him know that he was looking cute while crying. I just stood there, staring at him. This was way different than stuff at school . I had never seen him cry. He always used to smile. I walked towards him, trying to talk and he turned his face towards me. Whenever he sees me, he always smiles. But while crying, he couldn't even force one.

"Why are you here?" He said, full of anger.

I didn't have the courage to answer so I stood there, thinking of what to say.

"I asked something!"

I knew that his mom told me that he wasn't in a mood to talk. And I also knew that he needed some time alone, but sometimes, sharing problems was what one did to feel better. And that was the reason I didn't leave.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's none of your business!" He was still sobbing.

"Look. It is my business. You've always been by my side. You made me smile when I lost all hope. You considered it as your business to speak on my behalf when Serene was going to hurt me. Even if this isn't my business, I can't leave you like this."

He looked at me with his red eyes and came towards me. He was about to grab my hand, most probably to throw me out of his room but before he could do that, I hugged him. He cried even more, hugging me tightly and I sat there, trying to comfort him. After sometime, he pulled away from the hug.

"It's alright. I'm here for you." I meant it. I didn't want him to feel lonely.

"I'm sorry for being rude. But I miss dad so much... He was my best friend and now he's not here.. My relations with mom aren't good.. I feel so lonely.."

I understood everything he said. I thought we were different, but we were same in many ways. He was good at hiding pain behind that smile.

"It's okay. I understand. And please stop crying now!" Saying this, I teared up too. I didn't want to see him cry again.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"I don't know. Let's make a deal. Stop crying and I'll stop too. So, deal?"

"Deal."

Both of us wiped off our tears, looked at each other and smiled, as usual.