Chapter 22

The dinner went smoothly, Josh is a real sweetheart. Plus, my siblings love him! What could a girl wish for in her boyfriend other than that? Oh wait... he's not my boyfriend! UGH!

I don't know what's wrong with him, did I do something wrong? I never did anything! Why didn't he ask me? Whatever, back to our special dinner at the overly expensive restaurant.

"You didn't have to bring us here,it looks really expensive." I said, concerned as we were sitting down on a rounded table with 4 chairs.

"It's nothing, seriously & I'd do anything for my girlfriend." once the words left his mouth, he shut up & his face reddened a bit. I found it absolutely adorable, the atmosphere was filled with uncomfortable silence till Jessie broke it.

"What? Jamie you never told me that you're official now!" she said raising her eyebrows. Josh completed quickly.

"I-I mean for m-my future girlfriend, right Jamie?" he asked shyly, smiling at me a bit.

"Of course" I grinned at him, as I opened my menu.

"Wanna hear a joke?" he asked the three of us.

"Yes!" Jessie said excitedly.

"Knock knock."

"Who?"

"Claire."

"Claire who?"

"Claire the way I'm coming through!"

he said, chuckling, as the table broke into a fit of giggles.

"That was absolutely.. Terrible!" I laughed ,as the people around us gave us strange looks.

And the whole night was stuff like that, it was pretty good, it took our minds off all what happened.

*Next day*

45 minutes & my father would arrive, finally! I cleaned the house, but mostly the living room & my parents bedroom, so it would smell nice when my dad would come & sleep. A minute grabbed a minute & the door bell rang, I rushed quickly to open it, only to be greeted by Amy & Mike.

Both of them grinning widely, holding a wrapped box that looked like a present.

"Is Mr. Olsen here yet?" Amy asked.

"No, 20 more minutes, come in." I said, opening the door for them, as I was about to close the door, we heard an engine of a car coming closer.

"Dad!" I said as I peeked out. I saw Josh's car parking in front of our house, he came out of the car holding a bunch of pink, white & red roses, wrapped in a creamy wrapping sheet. It looked more than beautiful.

"Josh!" he greeted me with a hug & a kiss on my forehead.

"Is he here yet?" he asked as I led him inside of the house.

"18 more minutes!" I said, checking my watch.

As we closed the door behind us, I heard Mike mumbling as Amy pinched his side, glaring at him.

"Hi Josh." she faked a sweet smile.

"Hi guys." Josh smiled,plopping himself on the couch next to Jack.

"Hey Jackie!" he said in a childish voice.

"joh!" Jack stuttered, giggling & holding his hands out for Josh to carry him.

"Come here, little boy." he said carrying him. He kept playing with him & tickling him till Jessie came to the living room.

"Wow, I expected daddy!" she said, glancing at all of us.

"Still a couple of minutes." I said, sitting down beside Josh & taking Jack from his arms.

"Nooooo Joh!" Jack frowned, as he was about to cry.

"Fine fine, tell Josh to feed you, change your diapers & put you to bed every night!" they laughed,as Jessie started to speak, sitting on the floor beside my leg.

"He has to love Josh more, come one the guy has the best jokes ever!" Jessie said giggling, remembering last night.

"I bet I have better ones, way better" Mike said, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah? Why don't you tell us one, pretty boy." Josh told him.

"You're so on." Mike said clenching his fists, as Josh smirked.

"My friend said he knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith...

So I asked him what was the name of the other leg."

The room fell silent, nobody opened his mouth except for Mike who was grinning like an idiot once he finished it, but then his face turned into a frown.

"Is that it? The joke is over?" Jessie asked, raising one eyebrow. Mike nodded, looking at the ground. I tried to contain my laughter, I swear I tried. But it slipped & I couldn't hold it back, then the whole room burst into laughter as well. While Mike was frowning.

"You suck! All of you!" he said,crossing his arms.

"Please tell us yours, Josh." Amy said, glaring at Mike.

"Sure." Josh smirked.

"A: Just look at that young person with the short hair and blue jeans. Is it a boy or a girl?

B: It's a girl. She's my daughter.

A: Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know that you were her father.

B: I'm not. I'm her mother."

All of us started laughing at his joke.

"Horrible, worst joke I've ever heard!" Mike said, not looking at any of us.

"At least he said something new, not a joke that you made up in 7th grade!" I said, defending Josh.

"That's why I meant to say it, I thought that it would be special to you." he said, looking at me, smiling a sad smile.

I felt guilty & looked the other way, it was special to me though, kinda...

"If you can't make up a new joke, just search on your computer. It's something called 'internet'." Josh said, making air quotes around internet. Okay, that was rude!

Both of them kept glaring at each other for what seemed like minutes, while the rest of us kept looking between them. Ding dong! Now I believe in the phrase 'saved by the bell'.

I ran to the door & opened it quickly, to be greeted by very familiar face. Not my father, not one of my friends, but one I never expected to see especially these days.