Chapter 8

I wanted to go & ask him what's wrong, that it was only a joke. But the bell rang, signaling that lunch time was over. I headed to my locker to grab my French books, then I remembered that Amy & Mike had this class with me. So I guess that I'm gonna see Mike there.

I entered the class & sat on my usual seat, waiting for Mike to come. I grabbed my phone to check the time, we still had like 17 minutes till the second bell. I saw that hot dude entering the class, you know the one the whole cafeteria was drooling over him? Yup.

He took a seat beside me.

"Hi." he said smiling, is he talking to me?! I should act cool & show that I'm not a bit interested in his beautiful eyes & breathtaking smile.

"Hey." I replied.

"I'm Josh." he said, still smiling.

"Jamie." I smiled back.

"Nice to meet you." he kept the charming smile on his face.

"You too." I also smiled back, it's like his smile is contagious. I wasn't paying attention to see Mike entering the class & taking his usual seat in front of me, I felt him sitting down & I didn't even look up at him. I think I'm gonna talk to him after school or something.

"Do you like this school?!" I asked.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool. Plus, it has some pretty girls." he said winking at me. I giggled & blushed a little bit.

"I like your smile by the way." he complimented, I blushed more.

"Thanks,you have really nice eyes." I said, looking at the ground.

He smirked & I tried to compose myself. The second bell rang & the teacher entered the class.

"Hello." she greeted us.

"Hello." we replied in unison.

"I heard that there's a new student with us today." she said, looking around the class.

"Yup." Josh said, raising his hand.

"What's your name?!" she asked.

"Josh Anderson." he replied with his adorable smile.

"Welcome." she said, giving him a warm smile.

"Thanks." he smiled back. 45 minutes later, the class was over. Once the bell rang, Mike hurried out of the class.

"See you later!" I said quickly to Josh & went after Mike.

"Mike! Hey Mike,wait up!" I shouted, getting looks from some people around me.

"What!" he snapped, turning around to face me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused.

"Nothing is wrong! Nothing at all!" he said, sarcasm obvious in his tone.

"Seriously, what's the matter with you? You were fine in the morning & during lunch!" I asked.

"I said nothing! Why do you care anyway!" he shouted at me.

"Because I'm your best friend!" I shouted back.

"Friend?! Really?! All I know is that friends don't insult each other!" he kept shouting.

"Is this the matter?! It was a freaking joke, take a damn joke!" I shouted, furiously.

"A joke? Fine, just leave me alone! Go flirt with the new kid or something, it looks like you're a pro at it!" He said, turning around & leaving me standing there, with tears at the tip of my eyes.