5. The Baby

Maya wakes up, rubbing her eyes doing
her morning groan. She stretches out her arms, letting out a yawn and looking at Lucas.

She smiled, doing a small silent laugh and went on her phone. Her face lit up as it was the day for the first ultrasound.

She slapped Lucas in the face and climbed on top of him.
"Wake up sundance!"

He held on her lower half and smiled at her, yawning causing her to yawn again.

"It's the ultrasound day!" Maya squealed. She jumped off of him and quickly got ready. Her hair was in French braids and she was in her leggings and Lucas's sweatshirt.

Lucas quickly got ready too, grabbing the keys and they said goodbye to Katy and heading out.

"So what's the checkup today?" Lucas asked looking at the road and Maya.

"The heartbeat and making sure the baby is alright. And we will plan a gender reveal for the next appointment I think."

*
"Maya Hart."
"Okay, the doctor will be here in a few minutes."

The monitor lady said, Maya smiled sitting down tapping her foor against the ground. Lucas just watched the TV, getting started hearing the doctors voice.

"Hey, I'm Doctor Ross, Maya Hart?"

Maya and Lucas stood up and followed the young lady into the ultrasound room.

"Okay, Maya you can just lay on top of this bed right here please." She patted the bed and Maya did as told.

Lucas stood next to Maya staring at the monitor and the doctor. She lifted up the sweatshirt, and after a few rolls Maya's stomach was finally showing.

"Sorry."
Maya chuckled.
"No, it's fine. I've had harder things to push up. "

She places the gel on Maya's small bump stomach, having a gasp leave her mouth.

The doctor moves the detector(?) until she is able to find the baby. Maya's face lights up when she sees the somewhat of a baby.

Lucas smiles.
"So the baby's heartbeat is beating good. You are treating it right."

Maya lets out a little quiet yay and the doctor cleans up the gel. She sits back up and they are able to head back home.

~
"Mom I'm home!" Maya shouts from the door. She hears footsteps come down from the stairs and then she sees her mom.

"How's the baby?" She asks all hyped. Maya and Lucas smile.
"The baby is doing really well."

Katy does a tiny few claps and Maya chuckles at her.

Maya walks back to her room and stares at the mirror. She stands sideways and stares at her stomach.

She feels pain and she sees herself not getting skinnier

"Please don't make my last day of school worse."

_______________________________

Sorry for a short chapter. Next one will hopefully be really good for you