23. Surprise

R I L E Y

Everyone is in on Maya's baby shower. She obviously has no clue about it. And my job is to make sure it stays that way. We are going out and pampering ourselves.

Mainly so I can make her dress all fancy for "fun" but really, it's for the party.

My little peaches it growing. Anyways, I talked to Lucas and he said I have to keep Maya occupied until 5:00 and it's currently 9:00 in the morning.

I knock on the door and Lucas opens up and greets me politely. We hug and he tells me Maya is almost ready.

I chuckle and run up to their room. And there she is. Asleep in her covers lightly snoring.

I laugh and sit next to her and move her hair out of her face.

"Lucas so help me I will kill you. " she groans.

"Good thing I'm not him. " I flip her on hr back.

"Riles!!" She squeals and jumps onto me in a big hug. I giggle and hug her back.

"Haven't seen you in a while. " she says standing up and stretching.
I laugh and get up with her.

"Go shower and I'll get an outfit ready for you. " I insist and she agrees and goes shower.

I grab her white booties, some black leggings and her pink Paris hoodie.

I smile, hopefully picking the right outfit.

I hear the shower turn off and after about, 5 minutes Maya is out with a towel around her body and one around her hair.

"Here you go. " I hand her the outfit and she smiles.

"Wow, you did a pretty good job Riles, thanks. " she says and goes to get changed.

I help her with leggings because these ones apparently didn't fit as well, and she couldn't get them over her little baby bump.

We are so close that we honestly don't care if we change infront of each other or shower. No not together!! Like take turn but have to be in the same bathroom. Or dressing room.

"Perfect." I exclaim and put two Dutch braids in her hair.

"Okay let's go. " we both head out the door and she kisses Lucas goodbye and I just wave at him.

Once we get in the car and get adjusted I simply ask Maya,
"So peaches, what's for breakfast today?"

She makes a little 'hm' sound.
"Steak N Shake."

I giggle and I drive us there.

After we ate, we went and looked around the mall.

Currently we are at the baby store.
"Aw Riley look. " Maya squeals holding up an art onesie.

It was one out of many outfit that she liked. I secretly took pictures of them so I can send her off to Starbucks and I can secretly buy them.