xiv

"I-" Chanyeol stares at the semi-transparent bottle in the brunet's delicate hold. His words get stuck in his throat as the memories flood back into him. He lowers himself slowly onto the ground. "I get cut easily while playing basketball. It's always nice to have it on hand." Who am I trying to convince?

"How do you get cut?"

"You'd be surprised at the amount of damage a sharp nail can do when it's flailing around near your arm or face." Chanyeol cracks a grin.

"Sure. Why are you on the ground?"

"I'm tired. You're heavy."

"Oh come on. I'm lighter than you!"

"I know that, but you're still heavy."

"It's funny. I had a pretty bad encounter with rubbing alcohol today too."

"Oh really?" Chanyeol tries his best to sound surprised.

"Yeah. Someone tried to mess with my paints. I still don't know who. I mean, I was trying to paint you. Who would want to mess that up?"

"Wow." Chanyeol tries his best to keep a straight face. "How is it going, by the way?"

"Give me your number, I'll text it to you."

After Chanyeol tells him the ten digit code, Baekhyun sends out the photo, his phone making a satisfying swoosh.

He quickly goes in and renames the contact 'Dumb Elf'.

"It's not bad."

"You don't seem too surprised."

"I saw the first draft version."

"Still..."

"You seem disappointed."

"I'm dissatisfied. Is it bad?"

"I just said that's it's not bad."

"Fine. Do you not like it?"

"I do like it."

Baekhyun pouts.

"I genuinely like it, okay? Besides, when has my opinion ever mattered to you?"

Baekhyun blinks rapidly and looks away. "You're the subject of my art, why not?"

"Are you sure that's the only reason?"

No. "Yes."

"Come here."

"Hm?" Baekhyun leans against the wall and slides to the ground. Chanyeol wraps an arm around the brunet.

"What am I to you?"

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows. "What? Why do you want to know?"

"It's a fair question, isn't it?"

"I suppose..."

"So..."

"I don't know."

"Oh, even you don't know. Wonderful."

"What did you want me to say?" Baekhyun mentally rolls his eyes.

"Something a little less vague!"