CHAPTER 3 - Welcome to Overwatch

You and Genji meet in the next part that should be up very soon.

------

You sat nervously on the edge of the hospital bed. Dr. Ziegler had left to talk to Jack about her idea of offering you a place on the team. You stretched out your arm which resulted in a clunk. How you hoped they would let you in, these cybernetics were from an older time and were starting to fail. The damage of them being installed could never be undone, so the only option was to get them rebuilt.

Speaking of the Doctor and her ideas, she opened the door and stood in the doorway. "Morrison, wants to talk to you in his office." You stand up with nervous energy and walk towards her. "I'll lead the way." You two walk through another section of the base until you reach a door – his office. She knocks then pushes the door open. "Sir?"

"Send her in." A muffled voice says. She steps out of the doorway and lets you enter, she shuts it behind you leaving just the two of you. "Sit." You do as he says and take a seat on the other side of his desk. "Doctor Ziegler has a wild idea that I should let you join us here. Overwatch has been rebuilding in secret and we could always use the extra helping hand. I've looked into your files, well what little is in there. All we know is your name and the crimes you committed. But your story of being held hostage for three years checked out, we looked into police reports." He hands you a tablet with your file open. "People were wondering where you were. Your customers that you used to sell illegal tech to, they were wondering where their orders were and eventually reported your disappearance. This is true is it not? That you used to sell illegal tech that you stole from corporations?" You freeze at the question.

"Yes." When your grandparents died in the bombings you had nowhere else to go. You fell into a life of crime but with the only intention of surviving. You stole illegal technology that shady corporations were developing and sold it to the highest bidder. That's when one day an order went wrong. The gang decided that not only did they want what you had to offer them, but you yourself. That's when they kidnapped you and used the technology you stole against you. Turning you into what were.

"For some weird reason Dr. Ziegler thinks that deep down you are a good person and that you can change for the better. But from my experience I don't believe that, but she has personal experience too. Someone somewhat similar to you, a former agent of Overwatch, Genji. But he has recently come back at the offer of regrouping." He pauses and looks at you and frowns then sighs. "She has convinced me to let you become a part of our team – but let me make this very clear, if you do not change your ways...well, you can take a guess from that. So, what do you say? Will you help us win the battle against Talon?"

Talon. Your eyes narrowed and you perked up instantly. The people who took your parents, your life.

"I will do anything to take down Talon. Yes, I accept your offer." He was taken aback at your sudden anger towards the name but didn't question it. In his opinion, the more fighting spirit...the better.

"Welcome to the team." He held out his hand to shake. You shook it firmly. Right now, despite the trauma, despite your coldness, you felt the need to smile – so you did. Maybe you were already on the road to become a changed person. "I'll come speak to you tomorrow with a plan for you. For now, I'll get Lena to show you around and get you settled in.

"Thank you." You couldn't remember the last time you had said such kind words. He speaks to the computer.

"Athena, send Lena to my office." Within a few seconds there was an enthusiastic knock on the door then it swung open.

"You called?" A bright and cheery voice rung out. You turn to see a girl with short brown hair in normal clothes but with a big device on her chest.