CHAPTER 15 - Moonlight

Here is 5 pages of stuff that you have been begging for you thirsty deprived things. Enjoy

---

"I'm afraid to die. Before I had nothing to live for but now..." He stares shocked into your eyes. It confused him how someone so strong and powerful as you, were vulnerable to the thought of such a concept. "I have you. A-And that's something I don't want to lose. I've lost so many loved ones and I'm sick and tired of the same old crap happening to me. I don't want to lose you like I lost them." Your voice lowered in volume as it chocked in its cage, begging to be set free. He had never expected this of you and it made the human heart in his chest of metal beat a little stronger. Taking your hand slowly in his, it made it miss a beat. Something it had not done in such a long time, something that was all too familiar to him. He knew what this was though it was purer than his frivolous pursuits. "That word – that feeling that we talked about months ago. Love, you said. I think I..." You blinked rapidly with disbelief with what you were about to say. "I think I'm in love with you, Genji."

Words could not escape the chains that held them back. He could not simply explain that for so long – ever since he saw you, that something had changed, that he cared about you deeply. He reaches out and pulls you into his embrace. You huddled in silence as he contemplated his all to obvious feelings in his mind. Did he want to take this blind leap...was it worth it – of course it was. You both stood there in the moonlight letting the wind rustle though your hair before he leant his mouth down to your ear and whispered.

"I think I love you too." No, he did not think...he knew. He knew that – for some unknown reason to him – that he did love you. You pulled back from him is disbelief, eyes glazed over. The synthetic hand cupped your face softly and for the first time you noticed the faint glow that his eyes emitted, you wondered if it they were artificial or something else. His scars visible in the soft gentle light coming from the midnight moon. And it was at this moment everything changed for you, what you had said before were not just words, you realised that they were your emotions finally breaking through. All those encounters, moment and heart flutters with this strange, strange man had all come down to this. He held you, still in his arms before almost instinctively moving his face down to yours.

It was sweet, soft, welcome, yet unexpected. The soft tender kiss that he planted onto your lips seemed to last forever. It was just like the movies you used to watch as a child – a prince, a princess, a castle, moonlight, and a kiss. However, in your case it was more like a damaged man, a broken girl, a military base, pale moonlight and an unexpected kiss. You never wanted to let go though, you just wanted to stay like this forever – to forget your troubles. The world seemed to fade away as well as all the conflicts that came with it. Was this what it was like to be in love, like some kind of wonder drug. Whatever it was, it became an instant addiction that you were hooked on.

Simultaneously, you both break away from the tenderness, still holding onto each other starring with disbelief at your actions. Your mouth takes a form of shapes to try and form words, but only the quiet whisper of the wind makes itself known. Quickly you look away from him, your face tinted a faint red but luckily it was too dark outside to notice. You hear a small snort come from him resembling a nervous laugh.

You turn your head to look into the base only to see faint movement coming from inside. You squint into the darkness to try and see what it was but can't make out anything. Only recently had you had the feeling of someone watching you, creeping in the shadows. It sends shivers down your spine. What happens if they had seen this – the kiss. There were no rules that you knew of that said that this was not allowed, but still. What if someone had seen you, you at your most vulnerable. You were suddenly brought back into reality by the quiet concerned voice.