CHAPTER 4 - Him

~time skip~

"Right now, I'm the best person for this job. It's not the easiest but I can do it for you." Doctor Ziegler explains to you in her office. "The cybernetics inside your legs, arms, spine, and neck are all quite old. It will take a while to get what we need to make new ones but it can be done. The only thing I'm concerned about is how I'm going to connect them back to your brain. Because the ones you have are very old, prototype even and I don't particularly want to dig around up there and do anymore damage. I'm going to have to build a custom converter so the technology can work together. If it doesn't connect properly you will lose motor function for those parts of your body. You are understanding this right?"

"Yeah. I get it. Basically, you're saying you need to connect wires back into my brain so I can use the cybernetics...but the ones currently in there are too old so you have to make a converter so they can work together."

"Essentially, yes." You lean back in the chair and sigh, running your hands through your hair. "It should take about a month for everything to arrive."

"What about help, nurses, doctors?"

"It's just going to be me. All Overwatch activity is illegal, it's too risky to call outsiders in."

"I understand. Thank you, Doctor Ziegler."

"Please, call me Angela." She smiles at you.

"Thanks, Angela." You turn and walk out of the office but stop and turn back to her. "I don't want the others knowing about this – about what I am." Suddenly, self-consciousness waves over you, for the first time in a very long time. As if you afraid of rejection from the others that – heck – you didn't even talk to properly. But still, the feeling was there.

"Why? It's perfectly normal these days – well kind of. Even Genji has accepted himself."

"I'm not him, and I don't even know him."

"You two are more like each other than you think." You shake your head and leave.

~the next day~

You had made your way to the training room on the other side of the base to try and get some practice in, to test yourself. Why the other side? You didn't want anyone seeing you weak, and to tell the truth that was what was happening. Your cybernetics were failing – badly. You shot the gun at the target. Somehow overnight everything had gotten worse. Because of the constant pain you were in currently your accuracy was drastically off. You threw the gun to the floor in frustration as the bullet embedded itself in the wall.

You were so sick of it, the loud bang of the gun going off. Normally you'd be used to it but today was different. Everything seemed a challenge to you.

Knives you decided, you hadn't used knives in a long time. You pick up one from the rack and start doing some slow movements with it, eventually speeding up until you became the deadly weapon that you were. Still no satisfaction though. You let out a growl and throw it behind you. It to sticks to the wall. You let out a cry of pain and anger as you break down onto your knees.

Little to your knowledge it had embedded itself right next to the doorway where a curious cyborg ninja stood watching your every move, slightly in shock of it landing only a few inches away from his head. He pulls it from the wall and starts to move towards you. His footsteps quiet as ever.

"You missed." You jump up and spin around at the mysterious voice, ready to attack anyone and anything. You are met with a body that is taller than yours, it's fully covered head to toe with white and grey armour, no face, but sounds human. On its back are two swords, a katana and a smaller one. "You are meant to hit the target, not miss it by four inches." You hear a hic of amusement at the end of his Japanese accented voice. You relax slightly but are still cautious at this new stranger who only to your knowledge was a robot.