CHAPTER 12 - Same Technology

Everything will be getting more "intense story line/romantic" very soon as something big is about to happen - you'll know what I mean if you read till end. Also - over 2K?! WOT HOW? Thank you everyone who leaves the nicest messages and leaves me in tears ily ^^

---

Light seeped through the window landing gently on your tangled bodies. Last night you hadn't had those dreams – memories. The horrors did not come to you, for the first time in a long time you had been at peace. You begin to stir, your eyes fluttering open and closed as they adjusted to the light shrouding you. That's when you felt it, the weight of another body lying directly behind you. Their arms twisted around your waist gently as you found your hands resting atop of the metallic limbs. You were sure that you fell asleep back to back. The gentle exhale of his small breaths tickled against your neck making you hairs stand on end.

Wait. You ask yourself. Why am I here? You remembered back to last night and how you couldn't sleep, that compelling you to sneak into Genji's room in the middle of the night. Why you did it, you had no answer for that but the way you felt as you lay in his arms made any doubt obsolete. Love. The fading words of the conversation before came back to you. Love was something that you had never felt – not in this way at least. Your hidden feelings towards him would take some time to get used to. And what even was it that caused this feeling. Perhaps knowing that you could trust him – sure you could trust the others but this was different.

You felt him beginning to stir behind you. You begged for him not to wake so you could indulge in the selfishness of being there – undisturbed and rested, keeping every inch of contact for yourself. You hear his breathes become heavier as he comes into consciousness. His arms quiver as he pulls them away from you. You already longed to be back in them. It surprised you how much you wanted his touch, how much you felt like you were becoming who you could've been in a different life – if your parents never died. But that would never be the case, there is no turning back time and the past is in the past through you strived for vengeance. You remained still as if still in slumber.

"(Y/N)?" Slowly, you turn your head to look at the slightly alarmed Genji. The scars on his face curling at the corners of his slightly parted mouth. "I am sorry. It was a wrong doing of my subconscious." You listen to his rambling apology. He knew how you acted around others, how you hated others touch and presence. But little to his knowledge did he know how he made you feel. He knew that you changed around him but still.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." You say quietly – your voice slightly husky from its first words. You turn to face him, your faces inches apart. Your eyes dart around the features of his face – no matter how many times you had seen it, it always felt like looking at it for the first time. "I-I should probably go." You get up before you could do anything stupid that you would regret later on. "Thank you for last night." You see a smile form onto his lips. You open the door but quickly look back. "Last night – you never answered my question. If you have – "

"Ever been in love?" He finishes for you.

"Yeah, that." You cross your arms and lean against the doorway. "So, have you?"

"In love?" He props himself up and it's on the edge of the bed, the sheets drape across his legs.

"It's not that hard of a question."

"How was my answer any better than yours?" You did answer pretty undecided but it was true – well, then it was. At least now you knew – but the part that felt these feelings towards him were closed off, only in times like this could they ever show.

"Point taken, but seriously. Have you?" You don't know what you will achieve with this answer but somehow you feel like it would make you rest easier.