CHAPTER 11 - Love

(M/F/N) = You Mothers First Name

Basically the next few chapters will be a bit of an intermission/plot line building as I am planning something big and decided that you guys need a break before hand. Thank you to everyone who is reading this! ily sm <3

ALSO OVER 1K READS HOLY CRAP THIS IS ACTUALLY GROWING QUITE FAST

--- 

You sit there together for what seems like hours. Your bodies rise and fall in time with each other with every breath you take. You couldn't believe that you just told him all that...but it felt like a massive weight off your chest. In a way...you were glad. When he said that he understood you he truly meant it. His own bother... It bothers you and you could not get it off your mind. Why would his own brother try to murder him?

You lean more into his shoulder as your body feels weaker and weaker. Angela was right, you should've stayed, but you really did not want to be stuck there any longer. Genji notices this and shifts his weight.

"You need some rest (Y/N)."

"I know." You whisper in agreement. Sleep wants to overcome you and you do not resist. You feel an arm slip under your knees and back and your body is lifted up with great care. Your head rests tenderly against the metal of his chest in the crook of his arm and your legs sway as he carries you. You marvel up at his face with blurry vision. The mattress presses up against you as he lays you down. He pulls the covers up to your neck before taking a step back. Genji really did care about you, and you cared about him. You wanted to protect him from the pit in your stomach. The thing that truly scared you was losing someone you finally cared about...it was a strange experience for you – caring – but you liked it. The last thing you feel is a soft and gentle touch on your forehead almost like a kiss...perhaps it was.

~Third Person~

He leans down and plants a soft kiss on the top of her forehead. He doesn't know what came over him but he doesn't regret it, not one bit. He stands back and looks down at her sleeping figure.

「あなたかわいそう」 (anata kawaisō - "You poor thing.") He whispers and moves a stray strand of hair behind her ear. He finally understood why she was like the way she acted. Why she was so closed off, cold and unfeeling but what got him most was that she wanted to protect him. He wouldn't expect someone like her to have those feelings but alas, she did.

Genji moved to the wall and switched the light off. Although it was morning the sun had not risen yet and the base did not stir. He slipped his helmet on, the green light flickering to life in his visor. He lingered in the doorway giving her one last glance. It would be a long time before she would be that vulnerable again. He was not taking advantage of her – it sickened him at the thought – it just gave him a chance to get to know her, to understand her better.

Now their bond was closer than ever, something that he did not want to break with her.

~Second Person~

"Good Morning (Y/N), the time is 9:03 am. Jack has requested your presence in the training facility." Athena's voice awoke you. You mumble something groggily to yourself before standing up. You felt much better than earlier this morning, more energised.

As you were getting changed into some clean clothes including a turtle neck jumper so it would cover the exposed wires on your neck. You remember to earlier this morning. It was hazy but yet you still remembered. You remember telling him everything, how it slipped out so easily, how you wanted to punch yourself senseless. The soft touch on your forehead. You made your way to the training room.