Chapter 4 ~ Truth

~Hayes~

"You have got to be kidding me" I said again. "Well once again genius he's NOT KIDDING!" Nash yelled while getting annoyed. I layed there with Emma by my side. I don't understand. We haven't been talking at all but yet she still shows up by my side? It's confusing. I held her hand the whole way here, and it felt like that's where it belongs. "Why?" I asked her. "Why what?" She asked in her sweet voice. "Why are you here? I mean, we're not even friends" I said. "But we could be" she said slowly and quietly. I smiled. It's a good way to start. "I would love that" I said with a smile. The doctor came back in. "Well in order to make sure you stay off of that knee, you'll have to be in a wheel chair." He said. "Whatever it takes to play football again" I said. Emma ran over to the doctor to get the wheelchair. She pushed it over to me and helps me on there. She pushed me to the van and we all piled in. Once we pulled up to the house the cheer leaders were there? That's weird? It's not like I'm not going to school tomorrow, they shouldn't be here. Amber ran up to me and sat on my lap. "Ow ow ow!" I said in pain. "Babe suck it up! Your supposed to be strong since your captain of the football team." She said. "Well I'm not exactly made of iron here, I'm injured" I said. She rolled her eyes. "You know what, get off of me" I said trying to push her off. "What is your problem baby?" Amber asked. "Don't call me baby! You have been real clingy!" I said. Ever since we started dating she's been acting like I'm her doll that she caries around. "I am not too clingy, I just like showing love" she said. "Kissing me and hugging me isn't love, that's not all there is to it" I said. "I should know" I said looking at Emma. "You mean something to me Hayesie. I love you" she said. "Really? What do you "love" about me?" I asked. "Um W-Well your, hot" she said. "I already know that" I said while everybody laughed. "Is that all?" I asked. She bit her lip and said "Yeah, but that's all there is to you, your popular" she said. Then Emma walked up to her. "There is so much to Hayes than Fam, and popularity. He's sweet, kind, and he's everything you could ever ask for. Believe me I would know. He's moved on and I haven't. I can't, he means to much to me." Emma said. She still likes me? But she doesn't even talk to me anymore. Oh wait, I forgot SHE CAN'T. "Whatever trash, he only dated you because he felt sorry for you" Amber said with her hands on her hips. "Actually no I didn't, I used you" I said. Ambers jaw dropped. "I used you to get over Emma, but I can't." I said. I looked up at Emma and smiled. She smiled back. "You know what Hayes Benjamin Grier! Where done!" Amber yelled. "How do you know my middle name? Do you stalk me or something?!?" I asked. She rolled her eyes and walked away with the rest of the cheerleaders. Everyone helped me get in to the house and we all just sat in the living room. "Who's up for a game of Truth or Dare?" Aaron asked. "Wait where's Ria and Taylor?" I asked. Just as I did they burst end threw the door. "Ria would you just let me explain?" Taylor asked. Ria sat down beside Emma with tears in her eyes. "Ria what happened?" Emma asked. "Taylor agreed to meet me in the park at 6. I got there and-" she couldn't finish without crying. "And what?" I asked. "Amber and him were making out" she said then bursted out crying. Emma took her outside to sit on the swing so they could talk and Taylor went upstairs. "Okay then, let's start" Cam said. "Okay truth or dare Hayes?" Nash asked me. "Truth" I said, besides I can't really even get up. "Alright, is it true that your still in love with Emma." Nash asked. Really Nash? I sighed. "Yeah, yeah I do" I said. Because I do, nothing can change that...