Chapter 5: What Makes You Beautiful

Niall's POV

“Soooooo....” I started as I opened the door for her. “What do you want to do today?” I had spent the whole night trying to think of a plan for the day, and I had actually come up with a few things, but she had been the one that had called me, so I wasn't sure if she had anything in mind.

“Well it's still kinda early, can we go get some breakfast? I'm starving.” She said with a smile as I slid into the drivers seat.

“That sounds like an excellent idea.” I agreed. Truth be told, I hadn't eaten at all since before we had gone to pick her up the night before because I’d been too nervous. Harry had noticed it when I woke up in the morning. He had been standing in the kitchen drinking his tea and making breakfast. He offered me some as I sat down at the table but I quickly refused, my stomach too full of butterflies to even think about filling it with food.

“Nialler, you need to eat something. You haven’t eaten since lunch yesterday.” he had scolded me. But I stood my ground. But sitting in the car with Stella, I could hear y stomach growling loudly, and was sure she could feel it too. How embarrassing. She just laughed.

“You have the most adorable laugh.” I mumbled without really thinking. I didn't know if she heard me or not, but a large part of me was hoping she hadn't. I had this terrible habit of blurting out everything that was on my mind when I was nervous, and as much as I wanted her to know that I thought she was perfect, I really couldn't handle embarrassing myself any more than I already had. Unfortunately for me, she had heard it, which made her laugh nervously in response.

“No one's ever told me that before. All my friends think it's obnoxious.” she admitted, blushing a deep red.

“It's the furthest thing from obnoxious, I promise you that.” I told her. She smiled at the floor and I could tell she was really insecure. “Are you alright?” I asked her, concerned.

“Yeah. I mean, I guess, it's just that, I don't really get compliments like that a lot. Usually it's my friend Jessica that gets all the attention. Everyone just treats me like her awkward best friend, which I guess I am. She's a model you know. She's really gorgeous and guys just kind of fall all over her all the time. I'm not really much of anything compared to her, you know, I’m not pretty like her or girly or any of that stuff that she is. I'm just awkward and dorky and weird and I swear a lot and I really don't know why I’m telling you all of this. God I’m so weird I just ramble on and on all the time. I'm so stupid. I'm sorry.” I raised an eyebrow at her. She was so adorable it hurt. How could she possibly not see that.

“Are you mad? You're beautiful, Stella. Don't let anyone ever tell you different. And to be honest, I think you're a lot more than you give yourself credit for. I mean I know I don't know you all that well, but I don't think you're stupid or awkward at all. I think you're funny and smart. You're awesome. I really hope you learn to believe that.” I told her. “Plus, you're rambling is adorable as hell.” She blushed again. I really have no idea where all the confidence I seemed to be possessing came from, but I ran with it. We pulled up to the cafe a few minutes later. I was surprised when we got inside to see that the place was almost completely empty. It wouldn't stay that way for long, once some fan girl walked in and decided to tweet about me being there, something that happened more times than I could count. That was another reason why I had such a problem with dating. Our fans could be really scary. I loved them, don't get me wrong. They were our girls. But I saw the hate that Danielle, Eleanor and Perrie all got on twitter just. I remembered very clearly the night that one girl threatened Caroline's life. I even remember them attacking my ex girlfriend Ali, who I had dated before I was even on X-Factor. It was such a small fraction of fans that spread the hate, but it was still scary. Dani had cried over it so many times, this I knew because she and I had become exceptionally close over the time that her and Liam had been dating. She wasn't a very weak person and she didn't get upset over things often, but those girls broke her many times. I can only imagine El and Perrie had done the same. I would never wish that on any girl of mine. Especially a girl as amazing as Stella. But I also knew that I didn't want to be alone forever.