Chapter 7- Over My Head

A/N This is probably  my favorite chapter that I've ever written. Hope you guys like it.

Stella's POV

I was on my way over to meet Niall and the other boys and was ridiculously nervous. The date with Conner the day before had been awkward to say the least and had ended with us running into the boys at a club. Conner had been extremely uncomfortable. I think it was quite clear that I had feelings for Niall. I know Conner isn't a stupid guy and I was worried that he picked up on it. To make it even more awkward, all of the boys were trying to intimidate him, making threatening comments and passing them off as jokes, sitting in between us, glaring at him. This confused me to no end. I had expected it from Zayn, he had always been so protective, and maybe Niall too, we'd gotten so close in the last few days, but I hardly knew the other three boys. Louis was the one who surprised me the most. He literally shoved Conner up against a wall and threatened the hell out of him when he thought no one could see them. So there I was, standing in front of Louis and Harry's door, mentally preparing myself to spend one, awkward, uninterrupted day with the boys. I knocked softly. After a few moments, the door opened and I was face to face with a very sleepy looking Louis, his hair flat against his forehead, black glasses perched on his nose, wearing a loose white t-shirt and navy blue Hollister sweat pants.

“Oh shit! Is it ten already? I completely forgot you all were coming over today. The other boys aren't here yet and Haz is still asleep. But come on in. Make yourself at home. I'll call Niall and see if they're on their way.” He said as he saw me standing there awkwardly. I stepped inside. “The lounge is right in there. Would you like some tea? All we have is Yorkshire, it's my favorite. But we have coffee as well. Have to keep that around for Zayn. You know.” I chuckled a little at that. I knew exactly how Zayn was when he didn't have his morning coffee.

“Thanks Louis. Tea is fine.” I said with a bright smile. I liked Louis a lot. He seemed fun and carefree, a lot like I was before my mom died. I walked into the living room and noticed the piano in the corner. Instantly, my fingers were itching to touch the ivory keys. I hadn't played since my mom passed away.

“Beautiful isn't it?” Louis asked from behind me. I turned around quickly to see him holding two mugs of tea. He handed me mine and sat on the couch. “It was my mum's but she had to move and didn't have room for it so she let me bring it here. I grew up playing it so I was more than happy to take it. Don't really get the chance to play often anymore. It took the boys and I ages to get it up those stairs.” He laughed at the thought and I laughed too. I could just imagine it in my head. “Do you play?”

“Yeah. I started taking lessons when I was five but I’d always been fascinated by it. I used to sit at my grandmothers and just press the keys to hear the sounds they could make.” I told him. He slid off the couch and walked towards the piano, setting his mug on the windowsill to the right and plopping down on the bench. The room was suddenly filled with music as he pressed the keys softly, playing a tune I recognized but couldn't quite name. “Louis?” I started, slightly unsure. From what he said, this particular instrument held a lot of memories for him, so I didn't want to impose. He looked up at me curiously. “Would you mind?” I asked. A cheerful smile crossed his face as he slid to the side of the bench, giving me enough room to sit down.

“Be my guest.” I sat down beside him and began to play. The song was one of my favorites, and from the look of happy realization on his face, I guessed that he enjoyed it as well.

Some things we don't talk about

Rather do without

And just hold the smile

Falling in and out of love

Ashamed and proud of

Together all the while