Chapter 18- Moments

Louis' POV

When I woke up in the morning I felt like I couldn't breath, like someone was sitting on my chest. There was something hard pressing into my leg and I was hot all over. I pried my eyes open and looked down to find the most beautiful mop of curls resting on my chest. Harry. My Harry. At least, he would be once he ended things with Josh today. I tangled the fingers of my left hand in his thick curls as my right hand stroked the arm he had casually thrown across my waist. Pushing some of the hair from his face, I looked down at him, drinking him in. His mouth was open slightly, soft snores emitting from his plump pink lips. Every few minutes his nose would twitch in the most adorable fashion and my heart just melted.

“Stop staring.” he suddenly said in his sexy, husky morning voice. I felt my face heat up as his eyes opened and he looked up at me with a sleepy smile.

“Sorry.” I mumbled, completely embarrassed that he had caught me looking at him. I shifted my body and he moaned softly. And that's when I realized what it was that was pressed against my leg. “Sorry, sorry.” I whispered. He shot me a playful glare.

“I don't think you are actually.” he said cheekily. He winked at me, sending another wave of heat rushing to my face.

“Haz....” I started. I wanted to talk to him about what happened last night. To make sure this is what he wanted. That he really was going to leave Josh. He needed to anyways, but I had to know that he was sure.

“Louis, please don't ruin this right now. Because in a little while we're going to get out of this bed and our happy little bubble is going to burst. When that happens, when I do what I need to do, I want to be able to think about this moment and let it carry me through the day. But you have to stop rubbing up against me or this is going to go from sweet to dirty in a matter of seconds.” he told me. And with those words he answered my question completely.

“I love you so much Harry.” I whispered, not completely trusting my voice. He nuzzled his face into my neck and took a deep breath against my skin.

“I love you more than anything Louis. I truly do.” he whispered back. We laid like that for a long time, probably at least two hours, before his phone rang. I reached for it since I was closer and more mobile and caught a glimpse of the screen as I handed it to him. Josh. His eyes met mine after he saw it and he answered it quickly. “Josh hold on a second, please.” he said nervously into the phone. He pressed the mute button, setting it down on the night stand. “I'm going to go do this. I'll be on the balcony OK. Please stay here. Don't leave.” he begged. I nodded nervously, terrified of what was about to happen.

Harry's POV

I picked the phone back up and pulled on a pair of Jack Wills sweats before making my way out the glass door onto the balcony and unmuting the phone.

“Where the fuck did you go?” was the first thing I heard come out of his mouth. Nice.

“Josh we need to talk.” I told him.

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean.” OK now, despite the fact that last night I’d been so angry with Niall that I had actually used the word a few times, I hate the f word. I really do. It's a horrible word and it makes me feel dirty when I use it. It's quite disgusting. So hearing it come out of Josh's mouth, and directed at me, made me feel horrible.

“Please stop saying that Josh. Just listen to me.” I begged. He scoffed but didn't say anything so I took that as my cue to continue. “Josh I can't do this anymore. You've hurt me so many times in the past few weeks. It's not right and it's not fair. For a long time I thought I deserved it, I thought that it was my fault and I should just take it because we loved each other. But now I know what it's like to truly be loved and what you do to me is NOT love. I don't want to see you anymore. I don't want to speak to you ever again. Don't come near me or the other lads. Louis and I are going to management today to talk to them about finding us a new drummer. We both need to let go. I loved you so much and I devoted so much of myself to you that I stupidly allowed you to treat me like rubbish because I thought you felt the same but you didn't...”