Chapitre Quatre

"You. Are. KIDDING ME!" Peggy Schuyler yelled at Alex the next Monday morning. She sounded conflicted between being thrilled and furious. Alex raised an eyebrow, unsure of why she was mad. "Oh, don't you play dumb! The one week I can't go to Friday night movies you and your boy-toy fucking spoon each other!?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Who told you that?" Alexander knew who, but he asked anyways.

"Eliza. Who else would?" Peggy replied as though it was obvious, which, in all honesty, it was.

"Yeah, I thought so. Anyways, no, we were not spooning, we just had to share the couch. And he is not my 'boy-toy'," Alexander informed her with underlying tones of annoyance in his voice. Sometimes he can get himself to put up with the term boyfriend. Not because they were dating, but because his friends used the term so often. Only Peggy said boy-toy, though, and he thought she sounded like a second grader when she did.

"You were probably spooning each other," She said, unconvinced with Alex's answer. He tried to tell her otherwise, but she walked out of his room before he could correct her. I mean, it was sort of a cuddle. Maybe? No, it wasn't. Alex told himself that he couldn't think like that. He has no chance with someone like John. Without even realizing he grabbed a couple inches of pudge on his belly and grimaced. Maybe he should try to diet again.

Alex looked at the clock. It read 7:53. School started at 8:10 and he corrected all of his papers. His class did really well on this last test, which surprised him. He decided to write the grade average on the white board for the first class, which was A-.

"You're a great teacher, Alexander," says a voice behind him, sounding impressed. Alex spun around, and was greeted by John's friendly face. He blushed slightly, but had a feeling of pride.

"It's the kids, too. No matter how good a teacher is, the kids have to care. They worked hard for this grade." By the time he finished babbling about his students like a proud father, Alex was practically glowing.

"Well, I teach a couple of the easiest classes and yet my total grade average is like a B-, so they must enjoy you and your class, too," John glances around the classroom. Alex had one of the largest classrooms in the whole building, but he used his space well. 

When John glanced away, Alex blushed furiously. They were great friends, but John didn't normally compliment people. Thankfully, the fire in his cheeks died down when John looked back.

"What are you guys talking about right now?" John asked Alex curiously. "Social studies was actually my favorite of the core subjects." Alex never knew that John liked social studies, but it makes sense considering the type of person he is. John is pretty social, and very outspoken about issues in the world. Plus, he gets really excited whenever art history is coming up in one of his lesson plans.

"American history, the Revolutionary War to be specific," Alex said trying not to sound giddy. It was one of his favorite things to talk about, and he always gets really into it. John is smiling.

"That was one of my favorites. Or, it was in high school. In middle and elementary I had really bad teachers. Like I said, a teacher makes all the difference," John winked at Alexander as the bell rang. "See you later, Mr. Hamilton," John laughed as he walked out of the room.

Once he knew he was safe to, Alex put his head in his hands and sighed loudly. He was completely head over heels for this man, and he didn't know what he was going to do. He knew he shouldn't be falling for people he doesn't have a chance with. Alexander sharply looks up as he hears a light knock at the door.

Philip, a bright boy in his first period class was at the door. He was normally the first in the room, but Alex was still a little caught off-guard. "Is-is now a bad time..?" Philip asked with an uncertainty to his voice. "Can I... come in?"

"Um, yes, of course. This is your class after all," Alex chuckled. Philip came in and sat down. As Alexander rubbed his face. He sighed and prepared himself for a long day.