Chapitre Quarante Huit

"You just can't," John said. He was explaining to his boyfriend Thursday morning how when his mother offered food, you absolutely could not say no. Alexander, however, had a slight problem with this.

"But she cooks so freaking much," Alex whined. "I'm already going to have to diet or something after this trip." John rolled his eyes and glared at his boyfriend.

"No, you will not need to diet after this trip. What made you even think that?" John questioned. Alex looked away sheepishly. "Alex...? What made you think that?" Alex sighed.

"Well... I don't have a scale at my place, but your parents do, so I've been checking and I've already gai-" John cut his boyfriend off.

"Hon, you need to stop doing that to yourself," John said softly, pulling Alex in for a hug. Alexander buried his face under John's shoulder. John was able to hear out a soft sigh.

"I know," Alexander admitted, his voice still muffled by John's sleeve. "I'm trying to stop." John nodded, knowing, or at least hoping, that Alex was trying his hardest.

"Anyways, don't turn down food from my mom. Knowing how much she loves you, she won't even offer. She'll just put it on your plate without your consent," John chuckled, trying to lift his boyfriend's spirits again. He could feel Alex smile a little, but he still didn't remove his face from being nestled in between John's arms. John petted Alex's hair, waiting for his boyfriend to decide to pull away.

It took a while, but eventually Alexander lifted his face and looked at John. "I'm sorry," Alex apologized softly. John shook his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, sweetie," John told him. Alex shrugged. "Now, go put that blue plaid-ish shirt that I told you to bring. We have to get down to help cook," John told him. Alex groaned.

"But I don't wanna help cook," Alex complained.

"I know. But you do wanna be my mom's favorite son-in-law, so you're going to help cook," John explained. Alex thought about it for a second, and then shrugged. He wasn't wrong.

Alex pulled on the shirt the shirt John had been referring to and headed downstairs. Alexander had never had an extreme adoration for the shirt. He didn't find it particularly flattering, didn't think the color worked amazingly with his skin tone. But John thought otherwise. Any time he had a chance, John tried to convince Alex to wear that specific shirt. A lot of the time he got his way. This was one of those times.

"Hey, Mom, do you need any help in the kitchen?" John called out once they reached the living room. 

"No..." She called out. John held up a finger to Alex, telling him to wait a second. "I mean, unless you want to work on the apple pies..?" John looked at his boyfriend and smiled.

"We'd love to!" he called. Alex rolled his eyes cheekily, and walked grudgingly into the kitchen with John. They laid out all of the ingredients for the pies, and realization struck Alexander.

"Um, John," Alex whispered. John looked over at him. "I don't know how to make pie..." Alex informed him embarrassedly. John laughed out loud, unable to hold it in. His mother turned and raised an eyebrow, but John waved her off and turned back to Alex.

"Just do what I tell you, okay?" John asked, still laughing quietly. "Because I actually do know how to make pie."

Idk what this chapter was, next chapter will prolly be fluff w/ Johnny boy's fam so yeah

Also, I haven't even had this story up for a month and it's at 3.3k reads?? That's so incredibly awesome and insane and thank you guys so. freaking. muchh!!!