Prologue

"We've got a child coming through, move people," I heard my boss yell, "come with me, get me an avail-"

"Room 304 is available sir," I said, cutting him off, and handing the front desk my patients file, knowing that I will be back for them from whatever is happening for me to be called.

"He is a 12 year old boy named Landon Frost, cut his leg vertical from the ankle to the knee, causing him to faint due to the look of blood," my co-worker/friend, Jane said, "he's going to need some stitches, poor boy," she added.

We lifted him onto the bed and hooked him up to machines and wires, along with calling his parents to let them know what happened and he's safe. I washed my hands quickly, followed by grabbing a pair of blue hospital gloves and a needle and thread, with cleaning supplies for no bacteria.

After I finished, I covered him in a light blanket and heard the door open and saw the boys parents running to the bed, "what on earth happened to my boy?" Asked the mother.

"He cut his leg while he was playing on the playground and he was bleeding and fainted due to the sight of blood, which is natural, so his friend called someone over to call for an ambulance and got him here. He is stable and fine, and should wake up pretty soon," as I said that we heard groaning and saw Landon's hazel brown eyes open and stare at us with confusion, his parents ran to his side and checked if he was good, I smiled at that sight and missed my family, who still lived in Brisbane, Australia, where I moved to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, nothing like the west coast reminding me of the ocean in Australia, sort of. I snapped out of memories to see all three of them looking at me.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" I asked guilty of ignoring them.

"What's your name son?" The father asked.

"Oh, it's Dr. Bradley, Zander Bradley," I smiled, feeling proud.