Bringing home baby

~Hunters POV~

We arrived home and I put the baby in his swing. I set maryann down on the couch and put Rachel and Andrew in their room because I need to keep everything calm for the baby. I shut their door and went down to maryann. I sat on the couch and she laid her head on my leg and curled up. I moved her hair out of her hair and she whimpered. I stood up and pushed on her stomach and ribs. I asked her where it hurt and she pointed. I pushed on that spot and she winced. I went and got her some medicine for pain and made her take it. I covered her with a blanket and kissed her head. The baby started the cry so I gently picked him up and made him a bottle. I walked around the living room feeding him and showing him pictures. He finished his bottle and I burped him. He needed to be changed so I carried him to Rachel and Andrews room and laid him on the changing table. The kids wanted to watch because they love babies I guess. I got him changed and laid him in his crib. I covered him with a blanket and gave him his pacifier back. I turned on his mobile and he fell asleep. I made the kids go play I. The backyard because maryann and the baby were sleeping. I went outside with them and watched them play. I told them it was nap time and took them inside. I put them in their crib and they went to sleep. I went to my room and changed into sweatpants. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID and it was my dad. I answered.

Conversation:

S: hey son how are you

H: him good what about you.

S: oh so so.

H: so maryann had a baby after we got married.

S: congratulations son.

H: thanks dad.

S: I miss you

H: I miss you too I wish you could explain everything.

S: I promise I will son when I know the time is right.

H: do you know when you and dad are coming home.

S: no we don't baby I'm sorry.

H: dad I really miss you. You guys have missed 4 of my birthdays and 3 of Rachel's. I'm 18 now and she's almost 4.

S: I know son and I feel horrible about it but I can't help it. What happened was major and uncalled for.

H: I understand I just really miss you

S: I know son. I love you. I have to go.

H: dad please don't Hangup. I love you.

S: son I have to go. I promise I will call you back ok.

H: ok. I love you dad

He hung up. I put my phone away and went to maryann. She woke up and kissed me. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I told her about the whole conversation with my dad. She wiped my tears and went and got Joseph. She handed him to me and I pulled him close. This is my baby. I made this. I kissed his head and looked at him. He smiled his big baby smile and I started to cry. Maryann kissed me and I looked at her. I touched our foreheads together and kissed her.