Heading home

~Hunters POV~

On the way home Maryann and the kids fell asleep. I don't dance came on the radio and I started singing. Maryann woke up and put her hand on top of mine on the steering wheel. I took my hand off and held hers. When we got home Joseph was so excited to see us. He screamed mommy, daddy!. I picked him up and loved on him. I handed him to maryann and she loved and kissed him. The babies laid in the floor and fell asleep. I carried them up to their cribs. We are getting them toddler beds. We ordered some and they should be here today. Joseph is getting a bigger crib, Ryder is getting a red race car bed, and Kylie is getting a pink race car bed. The doorbell rang and I opened the door. There were 3 boxes there. I brought them in and took them to the kids room. I put them together and moved them to their new beds. I took all the cribs down and put Joseph's new crib together. I put him in it and he stood up. He walked by holding on to the rail and I told him it was nap time. He laid down and closed his eyes. I smiled and gave him a pacifier. I know we should break Kylie and Ryder from theirs but they are stressed out not knowing who they live with. Me and Maryann are definitely adopting them. She called their mom and she said it was fine cause they don't know what is gonna happen. We called the adoption agency and officially adopted them. The twins will know when they get up. We called their mom yesterday and she is air mailing everything out if their room. Al their toys and clothes, diapers, pull-ups. Everything. The doorbell rang again and I opened it to 7 boxes. The twins stuff. I took them to the living room and Katie, me, and Maryann unpacked them and folded the clothes. Their mom also sent us a bunch of money for clothes and pull-ups. Maryann texted their mom and told her thank you and that we almost have Ryder potty trained. She texted back you welcome and that's great. I put their pjs in their dresser and maryann hung up all their clothes. Katie adjusted their shoes. Summer shoes on the changing table and winter and fall shoes in the closet. Everything was put up and they had matching trains they can ride. We put them in the room by the window and put their toys in a toy chest. We put Ryder's race track in the corner. We had everything set up and my phone rang. It was my dad.

H: hello

J: hey son

H: what's up dad

J: just calling to see if your home yet

H: yea and we adopted Kylie and Ryder. Their mom and dad sent all their stuff and we just got it put away

J: that's great. Well they will have great parents. I'll call yall later

I hung up. I put my phone in my pocket. Maryann came up behind me and slid her hands in my back pockets. I pulled her in front of me and she put her hands on my shoulders. I looked at her wedding ring and kissed her. I attempted walking her backwards out of the room but we hit the wall. We just stayed there. The twins closet was a sliding glass door. I put my hand on the glass and passionately kissed maryann. I pulled away and smiled. I kissed her again and she smiled into the kiss. I pulled away and pecked her on the lips. She put her stomach against my back and put her hands in my back pockets again. I led her to the couch and I sat down. I pulled her into my lap and she smiled. I kissed her neck and went up to her jawline and kissed her lips again. Katie walked in and said oh get a room. Classic Katie. I pulled away and looked at Katie. I smiled and pecked her on the lips. I got up and went upstairs. Maryann followed me. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, rinsed my mouth, and brushed my hair. I went to the kids room and stood in the doorway with my arms crossed over my chest. Maryann put her arms around me and whispered come on into my ear. I told her not right now. I walked over to Joseph's crib. He was sound asleep on his stomach with his bottom in the air. I patted his back and he fell over. He stayed asleep though. I laughed at him. I went over to Kylie and Ryder's beds. We had them pushed together so they where beside each other. I pushed to Kylie's hair out of her eyes. Tomorrow is the 4th of July. I wonder if the kids like fireworks. I bought about 200 dollars in fireworks before we left. Maryann came up behind me and I didn't know it.

M: your wrapped around her finger aren't you

H: yea I am. She is my little all American girl.

I kissed Kylie and she smiled in her sleep. I smiled and went to the kitchen. I started cooking and Kylie started crying. I turned the stove off and ran up stairs. I went to their room and grabbed Kylie. I sat in the rocking chair.

H: it's ok baby. I've got you. I rocked her and sang all American girl to her.

I am wrapped around her finger ain't I. I kissed her cheek and she calmed down.