7 - Casually selling souls

Lexa opened the door to her house and stepped in. She held her small dog in her hands.

Leon heard the door opening so he went downstairs to see Lexa, "sooo, how did the umm... Demon thing go?" He tried his best to keep a straight face.

"I think that she may be dead," Lexa put her dog down and walked to the kitchen.

"Have you given him a name yet or is he still called 'dog'?"

"He's um... called..." Lexa glanced at the fruit bowl on the counter. "His name is... Mango."

Again, Leon tried his best to not laugh. "Mango...?"

"Yeah, is there a problem!?"

"N-no!" Leon said before walking out of the kitchen so that Lexa wouldn't see him laughing.

Lexa crouched down beside Mango and patted him on the head, "I have no idea how you killed that demon, but good job."

Arrith had been bitten by a dog.
Arrith had fainted.
Arrith had failed to kill Lexa.
Arrith had lost the battle.
But Arrith had certainly not died.

Lexa looked around the kitchen and saw an open cupboard. On the floor next to it was a spilt bag of kibble. She went over to it. When she looked at the inside of the cupboard, she saw a bag of spilt salt. He must have knocked it over when trying to get to the dog food.

Lexa looked at Mango's paws, they were covered in salt.

"That's why Arrith died! Good dog! But umm, please don't make a mess like this again, okay?"

Bark!

The next day, Lexa went to school as normal. As she walked to her school, she found it hard to focus because Camila's funeral was tomorrow. She wasn't invited, only really close family members were going to come.

According to the doctors, it wasn't even the explosion that killed her. She apparently had a heart attack and fainted. There was too much stress. The doctors said that this very rarely happened and that she was just very unfortunate.

As she walked slowly to the school, she still couldn't help think about it.

"Hello!"

Lexa stopped and lifted her head to see the one and only, Arrith.

"Lexa!"

"Arrith?"

"Yes. Now normally I would pull an attempt at small talk, but I'm honestly not in the mood. You know, since someone almost killed me yesterday... cough cough," Arrith said to Lexa.

"Oh, just like how you killed my friend?" Lexa walked past Arrith.

"No! Wai-"

"Shut up."

Arrith smiled, "her name was Camila, yes?"

Lexa walked faster

Arrith smiled, "I can bring her back."

Lexa stopped, "how...!?"

"I'm a demon. I can... You know, do magic and stuff."