10 - Oh, look who's back

"Again!?" Asked Azura, not quite believing that Lexa had lost her soul yet again.

"She didn't exactly give me much of a choice!" Explained Lexa.

Azura closed her locker, "what could have she had possibly said that would make you give your soul to her!?"

"She said that she was going to hurt you if I didn't, so you better thank me that your @ss didn't get beat up by a crazy demon."

"Blackmail, huh? Well anyway, class starts in two minutes so I'm going to go now. Good luck getting your soul back from Arrith... Again..."

Azura began to walk away. Lexa stopped her, "I just gave away my soul just so that Arrith wouldn't hurt you and this is how you help me!? You could at least give me some advice!"

Azura turned around and looked at Lexa, "don't get killed by the demon." She walked off.

"Why thank you, Azura, for your amazing advice. It will surely guide and help me on the quest to get my soul back," Lexa mumbled to herself.

In last period, Lexa and Azura were in the same class, unfortunately for Azura, Lexa was seated next to her the entire lesson, making stupid comments and random jokes that distracted her from taking notes.

But to Azura's surprise, Lexa asked, "do you miss Camila?"

The question caught Azura off guard so she didn't reply.

Lexa went back to making stupid jokes.

Class was almost over. Whilst Azura had written four pages of notes, Lexa wrote a successful two lines. The date and title.

The bell rang for the end of the day.

Lexa got home quickly. Whilst she watched anime as usual, she couldn't help thinking that she might have upset Azura. Maybe she shouldn't have asked the question about Camila.

Lexa wanted Camila to be back, but it wasn't possible to bring the dead back to life. Lexa wasn't a mad scientist like Frankenstein who stuck random body parts together to create life.

Lexa then remembered how Azura summoned Ophiel the angel. No, it wouldn't work.

But Lexa was desperate, she had to at least try.

Lexa put her phone down and closed her eyes. She tried her best to pray without giggling like a little kid.

Lexa finished. She looked behind her to see if Camila was there. There was lots of doubt filling her body, but in the back of her head there was still hope that she may show up.

When Lexa turned her head, Camila wasn't there. The hope disappeared.

"Why can't something good happen to me for once, is it really too much to ask?"

It was.

Lexa quickly remembered something. She remembered that when she first moved into the house, her mom, Leon and her decided to look at what things there were. There was a church down the street from Lexa's house, not too far away.

Lexa never went there because she wasn't much of a religious person, even though she somewhat believed in God. She thought that she might go there and pray for Camila to return.

Creeeaak

Lexa pushed opened the doors of the old church. Since the neighbourhood was quite small, there was no one in there. People only really came to the church on Sundays.

Lexa sat down on one of the pews and prayed. It lasted about five minutes. It was boring to Lexa, but she didn't care, she wanted her friend back.

Lexa got up and walked slowly towards the doors, dissatisfied that nothing had happened. What was she expecting anyway, that Camila would just magically show up in front of her?