17 - I ' m s o r r y

Arrith sat there for a moment, her mind filled to the brim with thoughts. She wasn't certain if what had just happened had actually happened. She wasn't fully convinced that all of this was true. Arrith didn't want it to be true. To her, this was all madness. A bad dream.

Yet another time, she was defeated by a human. Not even a human, but a god damn bird! A bird! It didn't help that the gargoyle had spread rumours about her whilst she was gone. He just told one other demon and then the rumour ended up being spread like a wildfire. Because of that, Arrith was now viewed as one of the weakest demons in Hell.

Arrith was not a person who would sit down and cry though, that wasn't her. This demon liked to get stuff done.

But the demon thought about it. Maybe she shouldn't just run in with a shard of glass and hope that it kills her. She had to actually think about this because no way was she going to fail again. And so that's what she did.

From what Arrith remembered, Lexa wasn't all that powerful, she just happened to have a lot of company.

In other words, she had to get Lexa alone. The only reason she survived the fire was because of Leon and she only survived now because of Azura.

But if she was all alone... Yes...

Most Importantly though, she had to get rid of that rosary. She was going to get nowhere if Lexa had that rosary with her, protecting her.

Arrith placed her hands on her eyes and began to heal them. when she finished and took her hands away, she opened her red eyes. Everything was blurry. Although Arrith had gotten her eyes back, her vision would still be bad from that day on.

"Who cares, this isn't going to stop me." Arrith aggressively wiped off the blood from around her eyes and stood up.

As usual, she was on the cliff. She wanted to make yet another portal. She was going to do it. Hopefully she didn't screw up again like she always did.

No matter how hard Arrith tried, she couldn't make the portal. It was no surprise, seeing that she was hurt badly. Arrith gave up.

When Arrith found out about the rumours that had been spread about her, she knew exactly who it was.

Arrith ran up to the gargoyle and pinned him against the wall. "What did you do!? What did you tell them!?"

The gargoyle rolled his eyes. "Who cares, everything I said was true."

"I care! Everybody cares!" she slapped him across the face.

The gargoyle rubbed his cheek. "Nothing I can do about it now."

"Oh. Oh, yes there is."

"Like what?"

"If I do kill Lexa, the rumours will stop, and it will bring great joy to me if I get to tear her apart."

"So?" Asked the gargoyle.

"So, you're going to help me kill her," said Arrith

"What do I even do?"

"You're going to go to Earth and destroy her rosary."

"A rosary? I know those can be dangerous to demons but I'm pretty sure that they're not that bad."

"Lexa's one is," explained Arrith.

"What's in it for me anyway?" asked the gargoyle.

Arrith lifted up a hand and gust of fire came out. "How about your life?"

"You're amazing, you are," the gargoyle said sarcastically.

Gargoyles could come to Earth easily. They had the power to turn into a statue and they could come to life at will.