21 - Momo's bucket list

It was 5:30 am. Lexa and Momo stared at the car in the scrapyard. The car seemed to be in perfect condition and perfectly for driving, but they didn't know how they were going to get to it.

They were hiding behind a big pile of metal so no one would see them.

"I don't know about this Lexa, I'm scared..."

"Do you even want to do this!? You have to complete your bucket list! You have to have some excitement in your life after all!"

Momo shook her head. "I can tell we're going to get into trouble."

Lexa looked around. The place only had about five or so people. She was going to do this.

Momo could hear Lexa's feet pattering against the ground as she ran to the car. She peered out from behind the pile of metal. She couldn't see Lexa. Then the car window rolled down. Somehow, Lexa had gotten into the car, it must have been unlocked.

Lexa stuck her head out of the window. "Get in then!" she said in a whisper but loudly enough for Momo to hear.

Momo came out from behind the pile. She ran quickly to the dark-green colored car. Lexa opened the door for her.

Momo was in the driver's seat whilst Lexa was in the passenger one.

"Could you drive instead? I don't want to," said Momo.

"No, it's your bucket list, you drive," insisted Lexa. She would've gladly drove a car at full speed and crashed it, but it was Momo's bucket list after all.

Momo sighed. "Okay, lets do this." She put her hands on the steering wheel. It was just in time.

"Hey! Get out of there, what are you doing!?" yelled a worker.

"Momo! Do it!"

Momo stepped on the pedal, the car raced forward.

Lexa laughed loudly and Momo screamed in fear.

Momo drove round the entire junkyard at about forty miles an hour. She went around the whole place in a circle.

Screeeeech!

Momo stopped. She crashed into a pile of rubbish. Her eyes were closed in fear. She opened them cautiously.

In front of her, missing her face by only a couple of centimetres, was a sheet of sharp metal. It had smashed through the front window of the car when Momo crashed it.

Lexa and Momo stepped out of the car.

"I-I nearly... Nearly died!" said Momo.

"Yeah, well I don't think that's the biggest problem at the moment," replied Lexa. A couple metres in front of them were seven workers.

Momo wasn't surprised that they had been caught, after all they had just illegally driven and crashed a car in a junkyard.

"Run, unless you wanna go to jail," whispered Lexa to Momo. She sped off, leaving Momo by herself.

"W-wait!"shouted Momo. She followed Lexa.

As they ran out of the junkyard, they could both hear the workers. They were chasing them whilst yelling curse words.

They were nearly out of the place, they kept running.

Momo screamed as she fell to the ground. Lexa stopped and looked at Momo.

"Get up! We're nearly out!"

"I can't Lexa!" she sat on the ground, tears welling up in her eyes. "I can't run... My bones..."