11.Naughty Manik🤓

A tiring week had passed and it was Sunday.

9 am in the morning, Sun shining brightly, Birds chirping, wind blowing,admist these one happy family was still tuck in their blankets.

As the sun rays managed to disturb the deep slumber of Manik. He looked around and found Pari snuggling into Nandini and she embracing her ever so tightly . Automatically his lips curved into a beautiful smile, he kept on admiring the sight in front of him for god knows how long!

He quietly clicked a picture of them and went downstairs to join the rest for breakfast.

"Manik where are Nandini and Pari?" Nayonika asked.

"Both the mother-daughter are still asleep. They were looking so cute together, I didn't want to disturb them."

"Oh! Let them sleep them." Dad said.

"Pari ka chalta hai lekin Nandini iss ghar ki bahu hai. Itni der tak sona unko shobha nahi deta. Hum unhe abhi uthate hai." Dadi bua interferred.

The rest of the three gave a helpless look to eachother. Then Manik spoke "Dadi bua aap rehne di jiye mein jaata hu."

"Aap baithiye and naashta kijiye Manik, hum jaate hai."

Manik silently followed dadi bua. As dadi bua was about to wake her up Ret felt an urge to stop her. He didn't want to disturb this duo of mother-daughter. They looked so serene together. Pari resembled a few features of Nandini. It seemed as if Nandini had given birth to Pari and not Nidhi.

"Nidhi...after so many days I actually remembered her. I'm so sorry love for not having talked to you in all these days. But even after many days your name brings the same smile like it did previously. I miss you." He contemplated with a smile. But his chain of thoughts were broken by the scenario going on infront.

"Nandini uthiye." Dadi bua almost yelled. On hearing a loud voice both Pari and Nandini woke up with a jolt. Nandini was still in her night gown.

"Dadi bua aap!" Nandini exclaimed.

"Ha hum. Kyu hum nahi aa sakte? Hum aapko kitni baar bataye ki aap iss ghar ki bahu hai aur ek bahu ki tarah rahiye. Aapka pati apse pehle uth kar naashta karne aa gaya hai aur aap abhi tak so rahi hai. Jaiye jaldi taiyaar hoke neeche aayiye."

"Sorry." She said. Once dadi bua left, Nandini spoke.

"It's all your fault Manik. You should have woke me up."

"How it is my fault? You were looking cute while sleeping so I didn't want to disturb you." He replied staring at her.

Nandini stayed quite for a few minutes trying to avoid his sight. "I'll go get ready."

Manik called a maid and asked her to get Pari ready. Meanwhile Manik stood in front of Nidhi's photo and spoke.

"You know Nidhi, Nandini is very sweet, just like you. Within a short span of time she got adjusted properly with each one of us. And for Pari, she means the world. For Pari she completed the empty space of a mother. For mom and dad she completed the empty space of a daughter and for me she filled in the space of a companion, a friend. She has filled in all the empty spaces of our lives. She's an angel in disguise."

"And what about the incomplete space for love in your heart?" Nayonika asked from behind.

"It was never incomplete mom. Nidhi is always there inside it." He replied smiling.

"No matter how much you deny Manik but one day you will definitely fall in love with Nandini. It is bound to happen. You guys are unaware of the sparks glowing between you but it is evident to all of us." Nidhi pondered.