9. Addled soul

Thank you myra_1 di for this beautiful cover❤😘

Nandini rushed towards the kitchen. She leaned against the kitchen slab, pondering over the events that occured a few minutes back.

"Oh gosh, what had happened to me? How can I let Manik be so close to me. And more importantly why the hell was I responding to his actions. For a moment I felt hypnotized by his touch. My own senses ditched me. Its...it's irresistible. For some reason I don't know why but I feel as if something is pulling me towards him, like a magnet gets attracted towards iron. This is surely not happening. Only Karan has the right over me and not anyone else then how did I let Manik kiss me? Oh god...but then I can't even ignore the fact that his mere touch was enough for the butterflies of my stomach to resurrect... it feels something different...something that I never felt with Karan..."

On the other hand Manik reached his study room. He poured some water in a glass and gulped it down at once.

"What the hell was I doing? It was supposed to be just a game but I made things so awkward. Damn! What would she think about me? And how could I kiss her? I made a promise to myself that I would never let any woman get close to me after Nidhi but how could I get close to Nandini. This is just not happening. But the fact is I feel different with her...something that I never experienced with Nidhi. She attracts me towards her. I...I can't control myself. But this should not be happening. Damn!!" Manik contemplated.

Both Nandini and Manik were undergoing the same gush of emotions. Their chain of thoughts were broken by a shriek. They came rushing towards the living room and what they saw shocked them.

"Aap dekh kar nahi chal sakti? Humari shaam ki puja mein baadha daal di aapne. Ab hume aarti ki thaali ko firse sajana padega. Aur ladkon ki tarah yahan-wahan daud(run) kyu rahi hai aap? Ladki ho toh ladkiyon ki tarah rehiye." Bua dadi yelled at Pari. The little girl was so scared that, tears started flowing down her cheeks.

"Sorry badi dadi." Pari said trembling with fear.

"Kaash aapki jagah ladka huya hota." That lady cursed.

Nandini's blood boiled on seeing this. But before she could say anything, she heard Manik speaking.

"Enough dadi bua. Aap mujhse badi hai isiliye apni hadh mei reh raha ho. Lekin ek baat aap bhi samjh lijiye, Pari meri beti hai. And koi meri beti pe iss tarah chillaye mujhe pasand nahi. Aur yeh kya keh rahi hai aap, ki agar ladka hota toh acha hota. Let me specify one thing, Pari is my lucky charm, meri princess hai vo and kisi ko bhi haq nahi hai ki vo usse iss tarah se chillay. Agar usne galti ki hai toh usse pyaar se samjhaiye na ki iss tarah se chilla kar." Manik said sternly and harshly.

"Pari come here baby" Nandini called out to her. Nandini felt satisfied the way Manik answered back. On hearing Nandini call her, Pari ran towards her. She hugged Nandini tightly.