26. Helplessness!

*Thankyou for putting up your POV's through comments that actually made me realise what all mistakes Manik did and I'll give reasons to them in upcoming updates.

*If you people can trust me till 25th chapter, have faith for 2-3 more and PLEASE at least think once before terming my whole story as DISGUSTING just because of a mere twist! It hurts people, I'm here writing updates till wee hours of night just to read such comments?! :(

_____________________________________

After Manik finished his side of the story, he lifted his gaze which were till now fixed at the ground in guilt. He was guilty, not only for his deeds but also for hiding things from Nandini!

Manik expected some reaction, even if it was disgust but all he got was a blank face. She just stared at him for a while and left the room without saying anything.

"I'm sorry for hiding things from you Nandini. I wish I could tell you everything. I'm sorry." He whispered to himself. He was helpless!

* * *

Three days has passed since Manik confessed everything to Nandini. Everyone else in the family also got to know the truth. Neither did they forgive him completely nor did they act ignorant towards him. But still the air in Malhotra Mansion was thick. Manik have never been a playboy or someone who believes in one night stands, not even in college; he was a well mannered guy with good values and had always respected girls. Family members were ashamed of him, and warned him to clear the mess he created and sort out everything soon.

But for Manik main concern was Nandini's silence.... it was unbearable and he was getting frustrated day by day. He can deal with anything and everything except her silence. He had dark bags under his eyes due to sleepless nights he had been spending but he could care less about his appearance. How he wished this all to be a nightmare!

She talked less more like she forgot to converse. Even at house her voice became almost inexistable. She would open her mouth only when she had to ask Nayonika, Ranvijay or Dadi Bua something. Only Pari was the one who got to hear her voice properly. No matter what was going on in the house Nandini would never let it effect Pari. He already lost his wife's smile, the least he expected was to lose the innocent smile of her daughter.

Manik was lying on the bed lost in his thoughts. He had taken an off from the office. The whole day he stayed upstairs. He even asked the servant to bring his dinner upstairs. The sound of someone knocking at the door brought him out of his trance. He was surprised to see Dadi Bua standing there.

"Kya hum andar aa sakte hai?", Dadi Bua asked.

"Aapko permission ki koi zaroorat nahi hai." He replied. She sat beside him and caressed his cheek. Manik laid his head on her lap whilst she stroked his hair. At least for a small duration only, but he was at peace. He shared a strong bond with Dadi Bua. She was the one who pampers him the most but she is also the one who scolds him the most for doing something wrong.

"Aap kya chupa rahe hai, Manik?" She questioned startling him. He immediately sat straight.

"M...main ku...kuch bh..bhi toh na..nahi chupa raha." He said looking away from her.

"Aap kis se jhoot bol rahe hai? Aap jaante hai ki hum aapki aankhe dekh kar bata sakte hai ki aap jhoot bol rahe hai." He had no answer for that. She was right. He could lie to anyone except for two women; his mom and Dadi Bua. And now Nandini as well.

"Aap hume nahi batana chahte mat bataiye. Par ek insaan hai jise sach jaan ne ka haq hai aur vo hai, Nandini. Vo aapki patni hai Manik. Vo sabse apna dard chupa rahi hai. Par hum bhi ek aurat hai aur hum jaante hai ki vo kitni tooti huyi hai andar se. Uska dil aur mat todo Manik." Saying this she kissed his forehead before proceeding to leave only to be met by Nandini. She gave Nandini a week smile and stroked her hair lovingly before leaving.

And as for Manik, he knew how much broken she is! She can pretend to be strong and ignorant towards the situation, but her heart was shatterin, and Manik can easily see through her facade. He was cursing himself for being the reason beind her agony.

The only good thing about this whole fiasco was change in Dadi Bua's perspective about Nandini. Staying with her, she realised no one could have collected this broken family like she did. How maturely she handles a situation, how lovingly she accepted and took care of Pari, how much she respects everyone, how she tolerated her every unethical demands and still never disrespected her, but most of all how much she loves Manik! Dadi Bua had accepted her whole heartedly and now she really started caring for Nandini.

Nandini ignored Manik and went to the washroom to change into her night gown. Once she was done with everything she proceeded towards her side of bed. As she was about to get on the bed Manik pulled her towards him such that she ended up sitting on his lap. She furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Leave me Manik." She said in a composed yet stern tone looking away from him. Instead of letting her go, he yanked her closer colliding their fronts. He stared deeply into her eyes for a long moment before pulling her into a hug. The moment he looked deep into her eyes, she could feel herself losing it... she could feel tears stinging at the back of her eyes. She still tried to get out of his grip but her attempts were in vain maybe because she half heartedly tried to struggle. A part of her wanted to snuggle against him, complaint him, how much she was in pain just because of him, how much it is hurting her to know that his baby is in some other women's womb.... ask him why did he do such thing, why did he destroyed their happy paradise... tell him that she was tired now!

He pated her head and whispered "Let it all out Nandini." breaking her determination to stay unaffected. It was all she needed to let out her pain. She sobbed hard in his neck, fisting his collars, waiting for the tears to stop but they wouldn't. He just held her in his embrace letting her weep. He cursed his fate for making him so helpless, that he is the reason behind the tears of the person whom he promised to keep always happy. Once she calmed down, he pulled back. Seeing her tear striken face and blood shot red eyes broke his heart into million pieces. But he was helpless!

"Bass hogaya Please" , He whispered , wiping her tears with his thumb and noding his head in negation.