18. Sweet Nothings

Twilight melted away, majestic sunrise, red orange glow seeping over the horizon as powerful rays flooded over the landscape, but still Manik and Nandini were sleeping. Yesterday's night definitely changed the things for them. They're more comfortable with each other. Like usual, they were sleeping in each others arms. But before yesterday night, it was a plain coincident. But yesterday night, Manik himself pulled her in to his arms, snuggling against her. This actually amused her,and she was taken aback for a moment, but nevertheless she loved it. The sun rays shone upon them but none of them got disturbed. Nandini's face was pressed in his chest and he was facing the opposite direction of the sun, with his face hiding in her locks. The clock struck 8 in the morning and this surprised everyone downstairs, 'cause usually Nandini would be pacing to and fro helping in completing the chores. It's almost half past eight and still no trace of Manik and Nandini.

"Dadi, why did mommy not wake me up?" Pari asked rubbing her eyes with one hand and holding a teddy bear in the other hand.

"I don't know honey. Let's go and check upon them." Saying this both of them proceeded upstairs followed by Dadi bua who, like others was surprised and confused. When they reached Manik's bedroom, the sight in front made them giggle. Not only Manik and Nandini were snuggled against each other but also their legs were tangled. Pari couldn't control herself and burst out giggling. Even Nayonika joined her whereas Dadi Bua made a face of disgust. The sounds of laughter broke Nandini's sleep. Laying in that position, her eyes searched the roots of the noise. Her eyes widened with shock on seeing Pari, Nayonika and Dadi Bua there. She tried getting up but failed miserably due to Manik's weight.

"Nandini lemme sleep...and you also sleep" Manik mumbled and drifted back to sleep.

"Manik...wake up..." She said shaking him. After her 2-3 attempts he opened his eyes.

"Good Morning " he wished her, looking dreamily at her with a goofy smile adorning his face.

His trance was broken up by giggling sound, looking towards the source his eyes widened and all his sleep flown away in an instant.
"Go...Good morning." He shuttered with an embarrassed expression.

"So finally you two sleepy heads are awake. Do you even realize what time it is?" Nayonika said in a stern voice. Nandini looked at the alarm clock placed on the table and her eyes widened with horror.

"Omg, how could I sleep for so long. Pari what are you doing here, get to the bathroom else you'll be late. And.." Pari interrupted her mother's rambling.

"Mommy relax. I have a holiday today."

"Ohh..."

"I guess we should leave you two alone. Get ready and meet us downstairs. And Nandini don't bother I'll get Pari ready." Nayonika said. Dadi bua was the last to leave. She gave Nandini a disgusted look and left. Nandini frowned at this but then soon put her frowned expression aside.

"Nandini I'm going to have bath first."

"No, I will go first. I have a lot of work to do."

"But Nandini I have a meeting to attend."

"You have to attend only a meeting but I have to complete a few house chores and then assist you for the meeting. And so, I'm going to have bath first and that's final." She said in an authoritative tone. At first he was amused by this tone of hers but then smiled at it.

"I have an idea." He said with a playful smile, with mischief dancing in his eyes.

His smile made her step back. "Wh...what?"

"How about.." He said stepping closer to her. Her breathing hitched. He kept approaching her till she hit the wall. He placed his hands on either sides of her face. "How about we take shower together?" He whispered in a husky tone playing with he hairs. Her eyes widened and her breath got stuck in her throat. She looked at him with innocent and shock filled eyes. Unable to control more, he bursted out laughing.