22. Making her feel Special

"Mommy what's wrong? Why are you so quiet?" Pari asked after observing her mother for two hours. Nandini returned back home two hours ago and from the time she arrived, she seemed lost. Nandini was deeply saddened by the fact that Manik was hiding something from her and was equally hurt by Manik's ignorance.

"Nothing sweety. Mommy's just tired."

"Okay, I have an idea." Saying this Pari climbed the bed and postitioned herself behind Nandini. With her small hands she started massaging her shoulders. Touched by her gesture automatically Nandini's lips twitched upwards and she pulled her in the front making her sit on her lap.

"Thank you baby. Mommy is feeling much better now."

"Really mommy?"

"Really. And now who wants a piggy back ride to get ice cream from the freezer?"

"Me..." Pari replied enthusiastically and hoped on Nandini's back. Both of them had huge smiles on the faces. For sometime Nandini forgot about every hurtful events currently going on in her life. And she thanked Pari for that. But this smile on Nandini's face lasted on just for few minutes as they saw Manik standing at the entrance. And all the happiness washed off from her face in an instant as the memory of the way he ignored her came rushing to her.

"Daddy." Pari called out to him and ran towards him.

"Hey baby, how's my princess doing" He said. Nandini pretended as if she didn't see him and made herself busy in some work. Manik though was talking to Pari but from the corner of his eyes, he was observing every action of Nandini.

"Pari come here. Let's get you ice cream." Nandini said completely ignoring Manik.

"I would also like to have some.", Manik made an attempt to get a liitle attention from her.

"Okay." She replied without sparing him a glance and left from there. "Pull up your sleeves Manik. You have to do a lot of hardwork to convince her. I dont want another silent treatment from her like last time.... I cant take that punishment man!! Buck up! Mission Nandini ko patao start." Manik muttered to himself.

"Daddy can I ask you something?" Pari asked popping a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

"Yeah honey." Manik replied with a gloomy face as his every attempt of getting a bit of her attention, became futile.

"Is mommy angry with you?"

"Yes baby.", He replied being totally lost and sad by the fact that he became invisible all of a sudden for Nandini.

"Very bad daddy. You upset my mommy. Now come on do something. I want to see her smile and if I don't see it then I also will not talk to you. Do you understand?" Pari said sternly. She appeared to be a strict teacher who is warning a notorious student.

"Yes ma'am." He replied. Giving him a pat on the back Pari left.

"Yeh acha hai, maa ke saath beti ka gussa muft muft muft. Matlab chahte kya ho Nandini ke Aayiappa ek kam thi that now I need to calm down my both lady- hulks! " He muttered sarcastically to himself.

He walked upstairs to their room and found Nandini sitting on the bed lost in her thoughts. He exactly knew, it was him who brought such hurricane in her ever so peaceful mind.

Suddenly Nandini felt the bed dip and found Manik sitting next to her. She was about to get up but Manik pulled her back.

"Nandini I am genuinely Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you in anyways. I just want some time to wrap my head around the mess all over. Let me just figure out things then I promise I'll clear all your doubts. But till then I want you to trust me. Thats the only thing I need right now, I want you besides me. I swear I'll do anything you want to make it up to you but please don't stay mad at me. Even though you look adorably attractive and extremely sexy with your puffed up cheeks and flared nose but I like it when you are sweet and loving." He looked impatiently at her.