14

"What the fuck, Finn." I stand up and stumble away from the group.

"What the fuck, Lucy." Finn mocks as he follows after me and grabs my arm.

I glare at his hand and growl, "Let go." I rip my arm away when he makes no movement and rush up the stairs and out of the front door to the front yard.

"Lucy. Lucy! Stop!" He quickly runs and catched up to me. 

"What, Finn? What do you want?" I turn and face him. "Is there a reason you ripped that guy away from me? He was hot." Yes, I am aware I am acting very petty right now but I don't care.

He looks taken aback as if he doesn't know why he really pulled me away. "I- I don't know."

"Great, so you ruined my chances with a hot guy for n0o reason." I scoff and turn to walk away.

"No, I know why I did it." Finn says more confidentely now. This stops me and i force myself to turn around and raise an eyebrow, waiting for a responce. "Lucy, I like you."

"What about the other girl? The one you've been texting?" I question. The fact that my crush just admited hadn't really set in yet. 

"She w-" "And what about the fact that we haven't hung out, even talked, for the past couple weeks? You've been ignoring me!"

"Can you just stop talking for a minute?" Finn shouts, his outburst startling me before i nod and shut my mouth. "The girl was a distraction."

"A distraction from what?" I whisper. How does that clear up any of my questions? 

"You. A distraction from you." He begins to explain. "My feelings for you have been here for longer than I remember. Longer than I care to admit. I don't know why I thought my feelings would just go away because I gave my attention to another girl, because they didn't. They just made me miss you more."

"You know I like you right?" I drop myself so I am sitting on the grass and I pull down Finn with me.

"Well, I thought about the possibility of it, but i didn't want to jinx myself; thinking you did and you really didn't." Finn puts his head in his hands, "When i saw you kissing that guy, I thought about how we kissed and I didn't want you kissing any other guy."

I don't know why, maybe because of the alcohol I consumed, but I started giggling. Finn looks over at me like I'm crazy. "Finn, I've liked you since I first met you," I sigh and lean on him, "Do you know how hard it is pretending that I think of you as my best friend and nothing more is? It's exhausting."

"When you kissed that guy, I for sure thought you didn't like me," Finn whispers as if thinking I will judge him, "then you made eye contact with me" I did? "and I knew that guy met nothing to you."

I was still searching for him even when I didn't know I was. After sitting for a while, Josh came out of nowhere and brought me to the car. The drive home consisted of me laughing at Josh and drinking a shit load of water. "Remind me to never let you near alcohol again."

I nod in agreeance. "Can I ask Finn to be my boyfriend?" I ask no one in particular.

"No, he wants to do it." A voice sounds in the back seat.

"Finn wants to ask me to be his boyfriend?" I ask in disbelief. 

"What the fuck am i gonna do with you, Luce?" It could've been Josh who asked that, or it might have been frog face. I guess the world will never know.