21

"Luce, get out of bed." Josh sighs from my bedroom door.

"I don't want to."

He walks over and sits on the edge of my bed, "He's only gone for two months right now, then he will be back for a week."

I peek my head out from under my covers. Finn left yesterday for Georgia. Filming starts tomorrow and I already feel depressed.

"He's gone forever." I pout to my older brother.

"No, he's not." Josh lifts me out of bed and sets me down on my feet. "Let's go, we're going out."

"I wanna stay in bed, let me rot in peace."

Josh chuckles, "Get dressed."

He leaves my room but I decide to listen to him. I slip on jean shorts and a random t-shirt, then my Adidas on after. I brush through my hair and apply my makeup before walking out of my bedroom.

"Where are we going?" I follow Josh out as he ushers me outside.

"We're going to the mall."

I look over at him, "You're buying me clothes?"

He scoffs, "That hard to believe?"

I nod in responce. We make it to the mall in a short amount of time and we walk through basically all of the stores. "I feel like I'm always here."

"That's because you are," Josh jokingly shoves me.

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm a good shopping partner." We continue walking through, meeting some fans of Finn and Josh and take pictures with all of them.

"Is it true filming for season 3 started?" A girl questions as I'm taking a picture with her.

I nod and smile sadly, "Unfortunatley. Finn left yesterday."

The girls smile like they have sympathy for me.

"Hey," I grin, "at least I'm getting more TV to watch out of it."

The girls all giggle and I bid them audeua one last time. Josh picks up his shopping bads and looks back, "They like you better than me and half of them have fan accounts for me."

"What can I say," I flip my hair over my shoulder, "I've always been the favorite child."

We sit down at the Panda Express and order food when Josh decides it's a great time to drop an absolute bombshell on me.

"Mom called."

I choke on the lemonade I was drinking, "What?"

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I guess she sobered up finally. "What did she say?"

"She wants to see us." Josh scratches the back of his neck, "And she suggested that you go back and live with her."

"I'll see her but there is no way in hell that-" I look around and realize that I was being loud so I lower my voice- "There's no way in hell that I am going to go back and live with her."

Josh help my hand, "That's the thing, Luce."

"What?"

"We wouldn't have a choice. She's your mom. I will try everything in my will power to prevent it, but if she files a case against me, she could win."

"No, she couldn't," I raise an eyebrow at us, "She had to go to rehab."

"I'm hoping that would be enough to show that I am a better gaurdian." Josh smiles sadly. "But hey, we will talk about this later. Let's eat this cheap Chinese."

I couldn't help but lose my appetite after that conversation.