38

"Hey, Mom!" I answer the phone as it rings in my pocket.

"Hi, Honey! Where are you?" She asks.

"Long Island, New York." I run to catch up with the group. We just left dinner and now we are going to the beach to watch the sunset. We have already walked around town and I got a cool sweatshirt from a tourist shop.

"Oh you lucky girl! It's absolutely beautiful there." I agree and tell her about my trip.

"Hey listen, Val and I were wondering if after you come back to Cali, if you wanna stay the night one night and you can decide if you wanna live with us or not, does that sound good?" I nod, then realize that she can't see me.

"That sounds great, I'll call you later, okay?" I kick my shoes off and hold them in my hand, "We are at the beach now and I have to take a post- worthy picture."

"Alright, honey. Have fun! I love you."

I stand silent for a few moments. She's trying. Really hard, too.

"I love you, too." I whisper. "Talk to you later."

I hang up and walk closer to the water.

"Was that your mom?" Finn stand next to me.

"Mhmm, after we get back I'm staying the night at her place one night to see how I like it." I smile.

This view is absolutely stunning. I wish I could see this every day of my life.

Hughs of pink, orange and purples dance across the sky as the sun beams against the water. It's slowly sinking down into disappearance.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I glance at Finn then focus my attention back at the painted sky.

"Almost as beautiful as Jack."

My neck almost breaks at the speed my head turns to face Finn.

We stare at each other for a while then start laughing our asses off.

"Way to ruin a moment, Finny." I sit down and pull Finn down with me.

"It's what I do best." He chuckles, "Also, why leave an opportunity like that go to waste?"

We sit there quietly for a bit when Sophia and Wyatt yell from behind us, "Stay there guys!"

I look back confused then realize that they have a camera out and are taking pictures of Finn and I.

"Pose!" Sophia giggles.

We look at the sky for one, look at each other for another, stand up, kneel. Basically every pose we can do.

The two of us look through all of the pictures they took and one of my favorites was where we were holding hands and walking across the sand.

But my all time favorite was us sitting down next to each other and my head was resting on his shoulder while he was looking down at me.

I take a few with Sophia, my favorite where we jumped up holding hands.

Jack and I took a few, I was on his back for one and Wyatt had it angled so the sun was beaming in the palm of my hand.

My favorite of Wyatt and I was me hugging him and he had both his hands up in a peace sign.

Josh was carrying me bridal style, which is a picture we have recreated every time we go on a trip.

We saw a couple people having a bonfire so we decided to join them.

"We're actually gonna head out now so the fire is all yours. Just put it out when you're done." The last guy with us smiles and waves goodbye.

We thank him and just enjoy each others presence around this beautiful fire.

I can honestly say I have never been more content with my life than I am now.