Chapter 19

-0-0-0-0-
Alex's POV

12 February

"I get it. I honestly think if we take a break while you're on tour. You can go do your stuff, I'll do mine, we can talk after and see where that lands us." I agree. I'm glad she brought this up because I feel the same. I don't mean to be that guy, but I'm 100% certain that if she went on tour how we were before today then she would have cheated on me with ben or just someone random.

She had to leave to go to a meeting with her landlord or something, I don't know. She's grown a lot since 17 but I'm honestly not sure if that's a good thing.

Jack always told me I was being extreme when I said that she could have cheated with ben. Like, I know they're like siblings but it's ben and it's Quinn. What the fuck else are they gonna do? They don't care.
—-
Time skip
—-

-Flashback-

"Come on, alex!" She giggled, pulling me into her room. I laughed as she pressed her lips on mine, pushing me onto her bed. She pulled off my shirt and connected her hands behind my head, intensifying the kiss. She trailed down my neck, leaving small hickeys every now and then. We were 15. Getting tired of this, I took control doing the same to her pretty much. We couldn't go further because Justin was home. It was a bummer but he always walks in on us.

"Don't worry," she muttered in my ear, "he and my father are camping this weekend."

-end of flashback-

"Alex, Alex? Are you okay?" My mum said, waving her hand in my face, I frowned at her. "You zoned out." She muttered, laughing to herself.

"When's dinner ready?" I asked, yawning. I wanted to look round my old room before the old family house was sold.

"About 15 minutes."

"Alright I'm gonna go upstairs." I muttered wandering up to my childhood bedroom.

My bed was single, in the corner. I pulled out the box. It had a huge sticker on the said that read 'Alinn' woah. That's gotta be old. Almost ten years, I bet.

I found some things that I'd never seen before. They were cards from Quinn. I pulled one out it said 'hey lex, I know you'll never see this in time. But have fun touring. I love you a lot and I know you're not coming back to me. So I'm making my mark. Thanks.'
I got another,
"Hi Alex! It seems as though things are looking up for both of us. I'm hoping our paths will cross in the future maybe at a studio, in the mall, warped tour, Taco Bell. Who knows! Love you! Bye!"
Another,
"Your mum is probably finding these strange. SORRY ISOBEL! I'm using you and your alinn box as a diary. Ya know, I can't listen to the radio anymore. Thanks.'
This confused me:
"It's been a year since we broke up. It's kind of cool. I've never had a break up anniversary before. I hope you're having fun on tour. Yes, I keep up with your tours. Fun fact: I actually was backstage at the Arizona ATL show! Odd, huh? Bye alexxxx"
Backstage at the Arizona show? Oh my god.
"If that confused you. I was your lighting guy because your normal one was ill. We spoke, we laughed. You didn't know it was me because I tanned and more things were different too! I'm famous too, now, ya know? It's really weird because in Baltimore it was all about 'alex gaskarth will he make it?!' And i was never talked about and yet I did it! I'm proud of myself on this one, I hope you know it's all thanks to you."

"This is my last one. Love you alex. I realise you aren't gonna see these. You probably don't even remember me. Well, you probably do because I was in your life for about 7 years. But yeah, have a great life."

She did these? That's amazing. And all this time my mum put these in the box. Woah.

I flicked through the photo album, laughing at the one of me and her drunk at one of her legendary party's. There was a picture of us laying on the grass in the meadow at night. One of us dancing to blink-182. I turned the page to see a bigger picture of her in my arms, missing me and she had a promise ring on. The promise ring that meant if I got famous we'd stay together. I ruined it. I'd forgotten. I saw an unopened envelope, I grabbed it and tore it open. A note. 'Hey, alex. You left for tour about 3 hours ago. Your mum let me in to pick up anything that I needed. I just want to let you know that I'm keeping the ring. I love you and would've forever kept that promise to you. But you broke it. I'm keeping the ring in hope that one day we re-unite because we are meant to be. Alex.'

Wait, I grabbed my phone and scrolled down her Instagram feed. No way. I tapped on a picture from 6 days ago of her and Eric. She had it on. After all these years she still wears it. I took mine off back when I can't even remember. She had hopes.

"Alex! Dinners ready!" My mum called. We were having the last family meal ever in the family home. And it was a roast dinner. Nothing could make this better.

[[[[A/N]]]] hi! Is anyone still reading this? Literally just comment if u are! I've finished the story and a sequel but idk if anyone is interested in reading it haha lmk!