♡sesame street treats♡

yoongi grabbed the box of macaroni off the shelf and tossed it into the cart. he pushed the cart along the bland, tiled floor and hummed softly to himself. he'd gotten the milk, eggs, orange juice, goldfish crackers for hoseok, and the macaroni. now all he needed was to get the bread, then he could finally go home.

he pushed the cart towards the bakery section of the supermarket. he examined expiration dates on the loaves of bread, before selecting which one he wanted. he grabbed a package of bagels as well. when he turned his head, something caught his eye.

there was a display of various bright decorated cupcakes. he spotted a box containing four cupcakes that he knew his peanut would love; hoseok was an avid watcher of sesame street. he picked up the thin, plastic container and placed it in his cart.

he smiled thinking about how is baby would react to the treat. every time the little was surprised, his eyes would light up in excitement and his mouth would form a happy, dimpled grin.

yoongi found a checkout isle that fortunately had no one in it. he greeted the cashier with a small smile and began placing his items on the counter.

"kids?" the cashier asked with a smile as she scanned the cupcakes.

"you could say that," yoongi chuckled pulling out his wallet.

she finished scanning his items and bagged them. he paid quickly, thanked her, and pushed the cart out the doors. he grabbed his four bags and walked to his parked car.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"hobi, baby! daddy's home!" yoongi called closing the front door behind him.

he heard the patter of socked feet against the hardwood floor as hoseok appeared from around the corner.

"daddy!" the little cheered and flung himself onto the caregiver.

"hey, peanut," yoongi welcomed him into his arms and kissed the top of his curly, ginger mop.

"hobi help daddy with groceries," hoseok grinned proudly and pulled away to grab a bag from yoongi's hand.

"thank you, baby boy. so nice of you," yoongi praised following the little into the kitchen.

hoseok giggled and placed the bag on the kitchen counter. yoongi placed the other three down and began taking items out. he was placing the milk and eggs inside the fridge when he heard the little gasp.

"what's that, daddy?" he tugged on yoongi's sleeve and pointed at the container of cupcakes sticking out through the bag.

"i got you a treat for after dinner, baby," yoongi smiled at the amazement shining in the little's eyes.

"thank you, daddy!" hoseok flung his arms around yoongi's neck.

"you're welcome, peanut. now, help daddy put these away and we'll make some nuggets for dinner."

"the turtle ones?"

"the turtle ones."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"all finished, daddy!" the little declared as he pushed his now empty plate forward and patted his tummy lightly.

"good job, baby boy," yoongi stood up and kissed the little's forehead.

he picked up both empty plates and cups, and dumped them in the sink.

"does baby get his treat?" hoseok asked hopefully from his highchair.

the whole meal the little had been not so subtly eyeing the cupcakes sitting on the counter.

"yes he does," yoongi chuckled, causing hoseok's legs to kick in excitement.

he grabbed the container from the counter, placed it in front of the little, and opened the top.

after a careful examination of each character, he made his decision.

"baby gets this one," he pointed at the cupcake decorated as big bird, "and daddy gets this one," he pointed at the cupcake decorated as oscar the grouch.

yoongi pulled out the designated cupcakes. he peeled the paper off hoseok's then handed it to him. hoseok took the cake in his hands and licked the bright yellow frosting tentatively.

"big bird tastes good," he laughed looking at his daddy.

yoongi took a bite of his own cupcake, getting the green frosting on his nose. he turned and made a silly face at the little.

"silly daddy," hoseok grinned.

the little took a bite of his cupcake getting frosting on his nose as well.

"silly hobi," yoongi mimicked.

he leaned over in his seat and licked the yellow frosting off the little's nose. hoseok giggled, then repeated the action, licking the green off his daddy's nose.

"um, daddy," hoseok paused.

"yes, peanut?"

"can we give cookie monster to kookie? and elmo to tae-tae? tae-tae likes elmo too," hoseok asked shyly.

"of course, baby. they'd love it," yoongi kissed his forehead, "now finish up that cupcake before we take a bath."

"thank you, daddy," hoseok smiled.

"you're welcome, baby boy," he kissed hoseok one last time before leaning back in his chair and continue to eat his cupcake.

he chuckled at the thought of jungkook having to deal with a hyper taehyung. at least jungkook would get his own treat too.