Chapter 4

(Cole's POV)

The pack house was full this morning. Everyone was making their way to the table for breakfast and to hear if Alpha needed us any place out of the norm. There that little shit was. Tommy, Alpha Spears youngest son. I had a bone to pick with him, so to speak. Alpha Spears and Luna Nina finally graced us with their presence so we could eat.

"Good morning pack. Eat, and we shall discuss what is on the agenda today."

Alpha Spears pulled a chair out for Luna Nina and like a gentleman pushed her up to the table. They were starting to advance in age and would probably soon hand the alpha title to his eldest son Gage.

I didn't care who it was as long as that little shit Tommy didn't get it. He was reckless and would one day have to answer for his ways. I was going to make sure he answered for one this morning.

I wasn't paying attention to Alpha this morning. My single laser focus was on Tommy. I knew my assignment wouldn't change. I still had my paramedic rotation I was filling. I had to do that to learn a lot of what I would need as pack doctor. Ours was getting too old. I'm pretty sure he treated Jesus's jock itch. If any of our warriors were seriously wounded they would bleed to death before he could get a needle threaded. Modern medicine to him still had leeches involved.

"You got a problem Cole? You sitting over there staring at me is pissing me off." Tommy glared at me from across the table.

I might not be the strongest warrior, but I knew I could take him in an instant.

"You have a good time last night Tommy?" I glared back in challenge.

For one second he showed fear. He knew I knew what he did. He also knew I was fixing to rat him out to everyone.

"What's going on son?" Alpha Spears pinned his son down with a look.

"I don't know what he's talking about." Tommy shrugged and tried to play it off.

Alpha Spears fist hit the table making the items on it jump. "Son, do not play stupid. What happened?"

Tommy snarled at me before he turned to his father. "I got into a fight with a member of another pack." He took another bite of his eggs.

I cleared my throat like I was getting ready to tell. His offense last night was more than a simple fight with a wolf from another pack.

He set his shoulders and took on that look like he gets. That spoiled brat look. Alpha didn't take his shit, but Luna Nina did.

I could tell by the look on Alpha's face he was fixing to lose it. The whole pack was silent as they felt the tension trickle down the dark pine wood table.

"Maybe this is a discussion for private? Let's not ruin the most important meal of the day." Luna Nina interjected. Her voice was honey, but the look she gave me was sour. Alpha Spears simmered in barely checked anger.

Second Beta Ryan punched my leg lightly under the table to get my attention.

"String him up." He coughed under his breath. I was not alone in my firm loathing of Tommy. He was a douche and many wolves thought so.

The remainder of breakfast was awkward and too quiet for so many sitting at a table.

"Tom, Cole, Stone, my office. Now." Alpha was pissed. He stormed to his office while Tommy sat and hesitated.

Stone, who was the first Beta shook his head and followed Alpha.

"Let's go Tommy. Luna Nina sighed and followed her runt to Alphas office with me bringing up the rear.