Chapter 31

Bright and early the next morning there was a knock on my door.

“Sweet Pea, you ready for breakfast?”

I sighed and rolled over in my bed. I really just wanted to sleep a little more. Instead I slowly got out of bed and unlocked my door. Donovan opened it and came inside closing it behind him.

“You're not even dressed yet?” He laughed.

“No.” I crawled back into my bed and pulled the covers over myself.

“Well if you want to stay in bed all day, I'm good with that to.” Donovan leaned back and stretched out. His arms folded behind his head.  

I cuddled up next to him and put my head on his chest.

“Were all the families you lived with horrible?” His silky voice asked softly.

“Not all. Some were better than others, some were worse.” I sighed

“I'd change it all for you if I could.” His arm moved and his hand caressed my back.

“I was lucky. I was never sexually assaulted like some of the girls. Physical assault only happened a couple of times. Verbal was most of the families preferred method of making my time with them miserable. The mental abuse though, the ones that knew how and what to say to make me feel horrible were the worst. But I guess it all led me to here. I'm pretty happy here now.”

“I want you to be happy here forever.” His lips brushed my hair as he spoke.

“Pretty sure I'll be happy here until the day I die.”

“Now, get dressed. Breakfast waits for no wolf and we can watch training after.”

“Ugh, fine.” I rolled out of bed and headed to my dresser.

“I'm so glad I get to see you in some of the stuff I picked out.” I turned in time to see his eyes on my backside.

“Perv. I'll be out in a minute.” I went into the bathroom to change and brush my teeth. I came out twisting my hair to throw it up in a bun.

“Leave it down.” Donovan said jumping up from the bed.

I released my hair and it unraveled down my back.

We walked to the dining room and waited for everyone else.

Cole and grandpa made it before Derek. Derek came straggling in with a large group of males. They were all laughing and joking. He passed us a look and sat further down the table with them.

“What's up with that?” Cole asked.

“He heard something and is trying to get in good with them.” Donovan whispered.

“Brute strength, pretty much all dumb as cows.” Cole looked displeased down the table.

“Not a fan?” I asked.

“They will all at some point get hurt, I'll be the one to patch them up. But they will never acknowledge my worth.”

“Thank you Cole, for making sure I've survived twice now.” I grinned at him.

“Speaking of saving you, come by my office later. I have something that belongs to you.”

“What?” I didn't think anything was missing from my bag.

“Later.” He mumbled as Alpha and Luna came into the room.

Breakfast was a quick affair this morning. Before i knew it Donovan was escorting me to the back of the house.